Plex 2E

• 1.  A VIRTUAL ITEM DISAPPEARS (Extended by Relation)

Posted May 31, 2016 04:27 AM

Hello,

Our customer has the problem that virtual field disappears in the CA 2E model.
    This problem occurs after they upgraded the model from r5.0 to r8.6. In addition, when a relation circulates as follows, the problem occurs.

A Extended by B, B Owned by A

2E.PNG

I found the Steve Dunk's document when I investigated this problem.
    https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/solncdndtls?aparno=CQ107399&os=ANY&docid=61948&actionID=5&fromKBResultsScreen=T

Probably I think that the problem that we have is the same as this document.

Does anyone know a way for us to avoid that problem?

Regards,
    Hifumi

• 2.  Re: A VIRTUAL ITEM DISAPPEARS (Extended by Relation)
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 02, 2016 04:20 AM

Also check the section on Circularity in the manual Defining the Data Model: Understanding Your Data ModelUsing RelationsCircularity

For an Extended by relation make sure it is the last relation in the extended file using sequence number 999.

• 3.  Re: A VIRTUAL ITEM DISAPPEARS (Extended by Relation)

Posted Jun 05, 2016 10:53 PM

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your answer.

The virtual items appeared when we changed a sequence number of the Extended by relation. However, the virtual items disappear when I open the model again and confirm it after I save the model.

For now, we will ask our customer to try the method that you suggested. In order to fundamentally solve this problem, we are going to need to review the relationship of objects.

I greatly appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
    Hifumi