Layer7 API Management

• 1.  APIG Interactive documentation with WADL

Posted May 31, 2016 11:59 AM

I have created WADL for one of our sample service and uploaded the WADL in API portal to one of the API.

We found that grammars part of the WADL is not getting picked up by the API gateway....

We have also found multiple issues as below.

1) The whole WADL is getting updated for one end point URL.

2) Grammars part of WADL is not getting read..

3) Errors and Http status codes of the End point URL are not getting read...

I need some help to address the above issues..we have bought CA API gateway tool..

I am attaching the WADL for the reference and the screen shot of the documentation which API portal has generated.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...Currently we are relying on API Gateway interactive documentation only for our Services....

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: APIG Interactive documentation with WADL
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2016 09:13 PM

Hello ranadheer.gurram,

I apologize that you haven't received a response yet. This was raised to my attention today and so I wanted to chime in.

The "grammars" element is not yet supported in the API Developer Portal product. This is due to the non-standard ways that the "grammars" element can be used, it is very difficult for the API Developer Portal to accurately parse it. Unfortunatley the "grammars" element does not enforce a specific data type and structure, where-as the other elements do. This is why the "grammars" element is not yet supported. It is an existing feature request though, and is filed internally as ADP-1671.

Regarding numbers one and three though... I think I can use some clarification on them. I am not certain what is being referred to when "end-point URL" is used for the context of a WADL. Can you kindly expand/clarify on numbers one and three from the original question?

Thank you so much. I hope I have at least addressed the "grammars" part of the question for you.

If there is anything else I can do for you on this matter, please do not hesitate to reply to this response. If you feel this matter has been resolved to your satisfaction, please be sure to mark this response as one that "resolved" this post.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey
    Sr Support Engineer, Global Customer Success
    Email: CATechnicalSupport@ca.com
    Phone: +1 800 225 5224
    Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx
    CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi