Clarity

• 1.  Resource Planning > Allocations: Allocation Cost, Baseline Cost, Hard Allocation Cost

Posted May 31, 2016 12:40 PM

Quick question, has anyone ever configured the above and seen any data ?

If yes, then, how is the data calculated/ populated ?

Resource Planning > Allocations (Weekly Detail portlet): Allocation Cost, Baseline Cost, Hard Allocation Cost

NJ

• 2.  Re: Resource Planning > Allocations: Allocation Cost, Baseline Cost, Hard Allocation Cost

Posted May 31, 2016 04:58 PM

Hi NJ.

To answer part #1 - can we see data? - yes. This mathematically checks out with our rate matrix (blended - 62.5) within zero decimal tolerance.

soft allocation with baseline.jpg

hard allocation cost.jpg

How is the data calculated/populated? It's been my experience that it *seems* everything with the word 'cost' on it needs the Earned Value jobs running - but here I'm guessing. I'll defer the 'how?' to super-smarterer people than me like Kathryn_Ellis!

• 3.  Re: Resource Planning > Allocations: Allocation Cost, Baseline Cost, Hard Allocation Cost
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2016 05:16 PM

To get the costs for baseline and allocations, you need to have data extracted from your Rate Matrix.

You need to ensure you are running Time Slicing and the date range of the slices covers the dates of the view.

Updating Earned Value Cost Totals will update rates from the updated rate matrix extraction

• 4.  Re: Resource Planning > Allocations: Allocation Cost, Baseline Cost, Hard Allocation Cost

Posted May 31, 2016 11:34 PM

Brilliant

Thanks, both

Regards

NJ