Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA EEM installation failed

Posted Jun 01, 2016 05:47 AM

Hi Team,

I am trying to install CA EEM 12.51 on linux. When i run the installer it started installation but returned with error:

"CA Directory configuration failed".

Some files are created by this installation but no uninstaller is there. then how to uninstall it?

Please help me to resolve this error.

Regards,

Vinay Chaudhary

• 2.  Re: CA EEM installation failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 01:08 PM

Hi

Please, see the techdoc http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1178415.aspx that mentioning about this same error but for windows.

Thanks

• 3.  Re: CA EEM installation failed

Posted Jun 01, 2016 11:07 PM

Hi,

I have installed with root and in the place of dsa to start service given root but still facing the same problem on linux.

Regards,

Vinay

• 4.  Re: CA EEM installation failed

Posted Jun 10, 2016 12:15 AM

Hi Vinay,

This one may need a support case, otherwise we would be looking at logs here.

If you haven't already done so, please raise a support case and provide everything under dxserver/logs to the support case.

Thanks,

Marline

• 5.  Re: CA EEM installation failed

Posted May 21, 2018 04:50 AM

Hi, 

Does anyone have a update link for this issue?

Conan

• 6.  Re: CA EEM installation failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2016 05:38 AM

Hi, unfortunately I don't know how to help you, but I wonder where did you obtain the 12.51 linux installer. I'm supposed to install EEM on linux for a customer and cannot find the linux installer anywhere.

Many thanks

Mike

• 7.  Re: CA EEM installation failed
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2016 05:38 AM

Hello Vinay,

A few things to check:

- Is the version of EEM you are installing certified for the Linux version you are trying to install?

- If the Linux OS is 64bit, make sure the required 32bit libraries for EEM are installed (this can be looked upon in the EEM installation guide)

- Check the Environment Variables from older installs (failed installations) and unset them, also make sure that you do not have any installation folders left over.

- You will be able to view the install log file in the "temp" or "tmp" location on your host, this file should give you and idea as to what might be failing during the install process.

You have confirmed the following:

- You are logged in as 'root' user and not doing and 'su root'

If these do not help, do feel free to open a support case.

Thanks,

Reatesh.

• 8.  Re: CA EEM installation failed

Posted Mar 22, 2018 10:20 AM

Hi Reatesh,

I also have this issue but mine is on windows server 2012.

I have formatted the installation drive severally but the issue keeps coming up.

Please assist as to what need be done.

Awaits your swift response.

Warm Regards,

Amosu