Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Required automation betwwen CA Developer Portal and LDAP

Posted Jun 02, 2016 01:38 AM

Hi,

In CA API Developer Portal, when I login as Administrator, I see various roles like cmsuser, developer, organizationAdmin, registeredUser etc.. I'm creating users with these roles in my Java application and storing them into LDAP.

Now, I wish to login from API Developer Portal with the same credentials and roles created in LDAP.

Could you please suggest me how to store these roles in LDAP so that it can be synced with CA Developer Portal.

Thanks,

Mahima

• 2.  Re: Required automation betwwen CA Developer Portal and LDAP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 08:04 AM

This is in the APM not API group. Moving there

• 3.  Re: Required automation betwwen CA Developer Portal and LDAP

Posted Jun 02, 2016 10:54 AM

Hello Mahima,

You can integrate your LDAP with API Portal for the user login. Procedure is already mentioned in the docops. Please refer below

Integrate LDAP Servers with the API Portal - CA API Developer Portal - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 4.  Re: Required automation betwwen CA Developer Portal and LDAP

Posted Jun 07, 2016 06:45 AM

Thanks Sravankanumuri for your reply.

We have integrated the LDAP with API Portal.

Through LDAP, we are able to create External users with roles i.e. organizationAdmin and registeredUser and user is able to log in to https://developer.preprod.ironmountainconnect.com/ (API Developer Portal) .

But unable to login to CMS. Is this a valid use case ?

Also, is it possible to create internal users with roles cmsuser, developer.. through LDAP ?

• 5.  Re: Required automation betwwen CA Developer Portal and LDAP
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 07, 2016 10:09 AM

Hello Mahima,

Good to hear that your integration is successful.

1) Yes the Users with external roles are not able to login to CMS as it is more of an admin space.

2) Yes you can create the groups with internal roles as well. It is same way as you created the groups for external roles.

please map the cmsuser role to the groups to which you need to give access to the cms admin space.

Thank you!