AnsweredAssumed Answered

Process validating information, not working.

Question asked by e_martin on Jun 2, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 by Jeanne_Gaskill_CA_Clarity_Support

We have a custom process that pulls data and puts out a SOAP call, however this is an 'approval' type of scenario, and there's multiple people listed. So when you send to all we have it call a process, within the start step, it has a condition that if the User ID of the person sending out the SOAP call, just happens to be on the list of approvers we want to fork in two different directions, if they are, we want it to go to the step to mark the status attribute as approved, but if they aren't it should mark it as sent for approval, and then run the GEL with the SOAP call.

When building the condition, it doesn't let me select the User ID attribute we have on the instance of the custom object, so I just edited the text, and mapped it correctly, but it's not working. Is this because I'm trying to 'hack' the system to look at the attribute when it doesn't want to?

For clarification, I set a custom GEL in the start step to log out the UserID in the field and the UserID of the person running the process, I can confirm they are exactly the same # but it still follows the other condition and sends ths SOAP

Outcomes