Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Using Layer7 policy assertion "route via FTPS" to connect to specific FTPS server.

• 1.  Using Layer7 policy assertion "route via FTPS" to connect to specific FTPS server.

Posted Jun 03, 2016 09:19 AM

Using Layer7 policy assertion "route via FTPS" to connect to specific FTPS server.
    Need to enter password in the form of password expression i.e. with the use of context variable.
    Thus password expression is entered as ${secpass.passwordname.plaintext} as mentioned in the policy document.
    passwordname is defined in "manage stored password" with permit user via context variable option is checked.

However everytime this assertion gives the error that this particular password is not defined with following error/warning message. "This assertion refers to the variable ${secpass.passwordname.plaintext}, which is neither defined nor set in the policy so far"

Please help on this or let me know the alternate way to implement password expression in "route via FTPS" assertion.

• 2.  Re: Using Layer7 policy assertion "route via FTPS" to connect to specific FTPS server.
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 03, 2016 10:39 AM

What version of the gateway were you testing this with? When I tried this on an 8.4 gateway, I was getting incorrect login errors from the Route via FTP(s) assertion. The same policy exported from 8.4 and imported to 9.0 worked with no problems though. There may be a known issue related to this in earlier gateway versions.

Also, if the password is entered into Stored Passwords, you can just select 'Stored Password:' on the Authentication tab of the 'Route via FTP' assertion and then select the Stored Password you want to use. That worked for me in both versions I tested with.