CA Service Management

• 1.  Quiesce Pop Up Not Showing Countdown Clock

Posted Jun 03, 2016 12:05 PM
    We are running on 14.1 cumm#2 with Advanced Availability. When we invoked quiesce command on our application 
    server (pdm_server_control -q 1000) it generates the Quiesce warning pop up message successfully but every
    time it shows : "CA ServiceDesk Manager server is scheduled to shutdown for NOW!." But we have given a quiesce
    interval of more than 15 minutes and we are expecting a countdown clock. But that feature is not working.
    With any given interval it shows NOW. But as per OOTB feature the NOW should come only if the interval
    is less than 30 seconds. This basic feature is failing always. We are using OOTB 
    quiesec_pending.htmpl
    Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Thanks
    ArunavaS

• 2.  Re: Quiesec Pop Up Not Showing Countdown Clock

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2016 01:14 PM

Arunava, I can't think of a particular reason for this behavior off the top of my head, but I see that you also entered a Support ticket. Let us know what is revealed.

• 3.  Re: Quiesec Pop Up Not Showing Countdown Clock

Posted Jun 06, 2016 02:28 AM

I wonder if it is because you have not specified a server name?

Maybe it is looking at the local server, which happens to be a background or standby server?

Documentation:

_________

Execute the following command on the application server that you want to stop:

pdm_server_control -q interval -s server_name

-q interval -s server_name

Notifies a local or remote application server to quiesce in a specified time interval. This

interval is the number of seconds before the server goes offline. When using this option

without a server_name, the local server is notified to quiesce. This option cannot be used

for a background or a standby server.
    _________

And as per Alexander, please let us know the outcome of the Support issue.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 4.  Re: Quiesce Pop Up Not Showing Countdown Clock

Posted Jun 06, 2016 07:19 AM

Kyle,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did some more analysis and found the issue is browser specific. Regardless of providing the server name I encountered same issue in Firefox (FF-46)continuously but when I checked in Internet explorer(IE-9) the count down clock worked just fine. So I believe the issue is more inclined towards browser compatibility. Does FF-46 a supported version for 14.1 cumm#2? Or do we have a browser compatibility patch in place? Any thought?

Thnaks

ArunavS

• 5.  Re: Quiesce Pop Up Not Showing Countdown Clock

Posted Jun 07, 2016 12:51 AM

Hello ArunavS,

Firefox v46 is not on the certification matrix. See https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/release-information/supportability-matrix

I'm surprised that this is browser related. 

• Can you check on an a certified version of Firefox?

• Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 6.  Re: Quiesce Pop Up Not Showing Countdown Clock

Posted Jun 17, 2016 08:40 AM

If a lower version that supported browser matrix not works , that makes sense. But if a higher version fails, that makes us clueless!

• 7.  Re: Quiesce Pop Up Not Showing Countdown Clock

Posted Jun 19, 2016 07:57 PM

Let us know the result of your test.

If it is reproducible on the certified Enterprise release version of Firefox, then that is something we can engage SE on if we can reproduce it.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 8.  Re: Quiesce Pop Up Not Showing Countdown Clock

Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:40 PM

Hi ArunavaS  - Did Kyle_R 's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!