Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM SaaS 14.2 JasperSoft report error in Advanced Reporting

Posted Jun 07, 2016 02:09 PM

I am following the steps in the document called Jaspersoft Studio 5.6.1 Report Development Guide for SaaS
    Release 14.2.00

I create a sample report using the Test DWH Query domain. When I initially create the report, using the domain, it runs fine and produces results. When I make the changes so that the query is in the XML and then tell it to use the DWH Bean and then publish it, I get the following error when I try to run the report:

Error Details

The server has encountered an error. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Error Message

java.net.MalformedURLException

Error Message

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: java.net.MalformedURLException

Error Message

java.net.MalformedURLException

Error Message

java.lang.NullPointerException

I am new to this and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried the same steps from scratch a few times and I keep getting this when I attempt to run the report.

Thanks  - Joanne

• 2.  Re: CA PPM SaaS 14.2 JasperSoft report error in Advanced Reporting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2016 02:52 PM

Hi Joanne,

We do not recommend creating a Studio report based on domains. This feature is not fully functional just yet as per Jaspersoft Support.

This said, can you try the following instead:

1. Save your report on your local PC as jrxml
    2. Upload the report manually in Jaspersoft by double-clicking the report - Edit -Locate the JRXML File - Upload a Local File - Browse to select your jrxml from step 1 - Submit

See if that works better for you. We also have some best practices that you may find interesting here:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/reporting/jaspersoft-studio-report-development/best-practices-for-developing-jaspersoft-studio-reports

Hope this helps -Nika

• 3.  Re: CA PPM SaaS 14.2 JasperSoft report error in Advanced Reporting

Posted Jun 30, 2016 07:52 PM

Hi JMSnider - Did Nika_Hadzhikidi's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!