Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Hosting a image in XMLGateway server

Posted Jun 07, 2016 05:45 PM

I would like to host image in XML Gateway server ( SSG) and access that image using the url. I could not find any feature in XML Gateway server to upload any files or images. Can somebody guide me if any methods are there to achivie this ?

• 2.  Re: Hosting a image in XMLGateway server

Posted Jun 08, 2016 05:12 AM

Hello ShriRamaswamy

Thank you for your enquiry.  The Gateway is not a web server, thus it is not possible to store content within it, having said that you could retrieve and cache the image from another backend (FTP, HTTP/S, JMS, JDBC).

Regards

Christopher Clark

CA Support

• 3.  Re: Hosting a image in XMLGateway server

Posted Jun 08, 2016 10:12 AM

I definitely agree with you that Gateway server is not web server. But we have some business requirement to host some html files and access them over the browser. I would like to know where are WSDL and XSD files stored in file system. and is there way we can store other files( like image ) in that folder.

• 4.  Re: Hosting a image in XMLGateway server
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 08, 2016 03:08 PM

Hi there, the only way is to have a Set Context variable as a string and copy /paste a Encoded 64bit value of the image .. you can get the value of it from free websites or from the gateway .. than use Base64Decode assertion to Decode the value into a another Context variable and show that variable via Return Template response .. but .. this test is only done by support, on a small image. since Gateway is not meant to host anything.

• 5.  Re: Hosting a image in XMLGateway server

Posted Jun 09, 2016 05:00 PM

Thanks. this logic works