Clarity

• 1.  I have many situations where the task on a time sheet shows ZERO ETC but the task shows ETC in Open Workbench.  Any suggestions why this happens and how to resolve?

Posted Jun 08, 2016 01:47 PM

Time trackers are getting confused thinking they have no time left to complete the task.  I know that if they type a value OVER the zero ETC, it creates a PENDING ETC ... however we have not implemented this as a best practice for our PMs

• 2.  Re: I have many situations where the task on a time sheet shows ZERO ETC but the task shows ETC in Open Workbench.  Any suggestions why this happens and how to resolve?

Posted Jun 08, 2016 03:21 PM

As you say

I know that if they type a value OVER the zero ETC, it creates a PENDING ETC

but on the timesheet that displays as ETC. It should also display as ETC in Clarity while pending ETC displays as proposed ETC.

The only way I am aware of to solve that is to either accept or reject the pending ETC.

I have not tried if changing the ETC to something else in OWB or Clarity, saving and the setting the ETC back again will change what is displayed on the timesheet.

The other option is to just ignore it. You know the PM's are expected to communicate regularly with their team members on matters like this.

• 3.  Re: I have many situations where the task on a time sheet shows ZERO ETC but the task shows ETC in Open Workbench.  Any suggestions why this happens and how to resolve?

Posted Jun 08, 2016 03:37 PM

The time trackers have not been entering a PENDING ETC ... and yet there is a ZERO in the ETC column on the time sheet.  Tried rejecting any and all PENDING ETC and it does not clear the ZERO.

Accepting  PENDING ETC will only work if you use CONTOUR loading pattern ( we have a lot of PMs who prefer FIXED loading pattern ).

PMs do not want to IGNORE the zero ETC issue on the time sheet

• 4.  Re: I have many situations where the task on a time sheet shows ZERO ETC but the task shows ETC in Open Workbench.  Any suggestions why this happens and how to resolve?

Posted Jun 08, 2016 04:32 PM

OK, if you have fixed loading pattern then the ETC goes away as time passes and eventually goes to zero whether or not the timetrackers enter time or enter pending ETC. There should not be any ETC in OWB either and there is nothing you can do to preserve the ETC as long as the loading pattern is fixed.

I think with the other types of loading patterns if the work is not done the ETC is pushed forward.My response was indeed for that situation, because I've seen fixed loading pattern only as an exception.

• 5.  Re: I have many situations where the task on a time sheet shows ZERO ETC but the task shows ETC in Open Workbench.  Any suggestions why this happens and how to resolve?

Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:15 PM

Hi Edward - Did Martti's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!