Clarity

• 1.  Attribute display label vs Jaspersoft field label

Posted Jun 08, 2016 03:45 PM

In some cases it feels obvious to use OOTB attributes and rename their display labels as needed for business.

But, when it comes to ad hoc views in jasper, we pull those fields from OOTB domains, users see OOTB attribute name.  This makes it harder to create the reports. What is best approach to reduce this design time?

• 2.  Re: Attribute display label vs Jaspersoft field label
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2016 05:00 PM

Hi Suhas,

I see this could be a good idea to raise, to be able to use the fields with the Label you have set previously. Please feel free to go ahead and log this.
    Now, in order to make the process smooth, I'd probably suggest to create a document (or spreadsheet with a table) that has the existing labels and their OOTB names for the users to use.

Once added to the Ad Hoc view, the label can be changed to the exact label you use in PPM.

I will bring this up with PM and see if this can be reviewed.

Thanks -Nika

• 3.  Re: Attribute display label vs Jaspersoft field label

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2016 02:02 PM

Hi Suhas,

Just a follow up to your question. I brought this up with Product Management and we agreed an idea should be raised for this as OOTB attributes were added with their OOTB names and use. They will then review and update you.

Thanks -Nika

• 4.  Re: Attribute display label vs Jaspersoft field label

Posted Jun 09, 2016 02:13 PM

Thanks a lot.

• 5.  Re: Attribute display label vs Jaspersoft field label

Posted Apr 12, 2017 10:37 AM

Hi, I realize this is old, but I wanted to let you know what we had to do:

update the attribute name in the Domain. This way, when users do ad hoc reporting, they are looking for the field name that is familiar to them and not looking at a document for "mapping"

1. Names may change more than once, and documents can become outdated

2. User adoption is better.

Agree, this is a great enhancement, but for now, that is what we had to do. Not fun, but it keeps the users happy