Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

• 1.  Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 10, 2016 02:21 AM

Hi There!

I'm new to CA APIM and have recently installed CA API Gateway 9.0 using Virtual appliance running under VMWare. Facing the below problem in Policy manager and tried my level best to analyse and pinpoint the issue but couldn't make thourgh finally. Kindly point me where i'm going wrong.

Issue:

As part of my first hands-on using Policy manager, I have gone to option called "Publish SOAP Webservice" and in the opened  Publish SOAP Web Service wizard, First I have tried giving the Address location of JAVA Webservice running on my local machine and also triend giving the Publicly available SOAP webservice ie;weather service but only getting the below error.

Error:

Could not fetch the WSDL at location 'http://localhost:1030/Demo/services/AdminService?wsdl ': Unable to obtain HTTP response from 'http://localhost:1030/Demo/services/AdminService?wsdl ': Connection to http://localhost:1030 refused. Caused by :Connection refused

My actions:

I have used the above mentioned wsdl in SOAP UI and able to send and get the response back but only in Policy manager it fails to locate the wsdl.

• 2.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 10, 2016 02:36 AM

Have you networked the device properly?

Option 1 - Configure Networking and System Time Settings - CA API Gateway - 9.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

You can also download the wsdl file and upload it by selecting the file button. You do not need to grab it from a remote location.

• 3.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 10, 2016 03:03 AM

It says you are trying to fetch the WSDL from localhost, which would mean the service is running on the gateway. I expect you'll have to enter a remote address there. Or you could upload the wsdl as a file as suggested in the previous comment.

• 4.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 10, 2016 04:31 AM

Thanks for the response Michiel. Yes I was giving the address location of WSDL file but it failed to fetch the WSDL but later on as suggested by Bloan03 have saved the WSDL first and given the file location so it worked But would desperately like to know why it failed to fetch the WSDL file when given the WSDL address.

• 5.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 13, 2016 02:07 AM

Your WSDL location starts with localhost:1030 which means it will try to fetch the WSDL locally from the gateway. The same link will also not work if you try to load it in SoapUI. I assume it is actually hosted on a different system where you copied the URL from. If you replace the localhost part with the address of that system it should work.

• 6.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 13, 2016 03:01 AM

HI Michiel,

Actually it's not hosted on the same machine and not any remote machine. But the wonder is I am bale to load it through SOAP UI and not through Policy Manager. Finally I had to save WSDL location and load it through Policy Manager.

Thanks for your time.

• 7.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 10, 2016 04:10 AM

Hi Bloan,

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes I assume I have Networked the Gateway properly. Now, I just tried saving the WSDL file of my locally running Webservice and given the location of it on "Publish SOAP Web Service wizard" and it indeed worked.

But would like to know why it's not working in the other when we just give the address location of WSDL and throws the aforementioned error.

Kind regards,

Mathanprasath K

• 8.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 10, 2016 09:03 AM

When you retrieved that WSDL within SOAP UI, you must have used something other than localhost for the address. Can you try using the same address that you used in SOAP UI in the Policy Manager? It seems the web service may not be listening/responding to requests sent to localhost.

• 9.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 11, 2016 12:13 AM

I believe policy manager is a client application running the gateway admin application, so localhost in this case is going to refer to the gateway, not the computer you are running policy manager on.  This might be easier to conceptualize if you run the web access https://...../ssg/webadmin/, which does the same thing.  The browser is running on your workstation, but the web server providing the application isn't.  So when you say local host, I think you're asking to find the wsdl on the gateway at port 1030, and you probably have neither a wsdl, or a listener on port 1030 there.

• 10.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 13, 2016 12:47 AM

Thanks for the response Paul. Below is how the setup was done at my machine.

Setup Details:

Installed Virtual Appliance Gateway(Running under VMware) on my own machine.

Installed Policy Manager on the same machine

Running the Java Webservice on Tomcat Server on the same machine. So here I have installed everything on my own machine and not any remote.

• 11.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 13, 2016 11:38 AM

Why does everybody on this forum think my name is Paul?  I've looked at my profile to see if had anything set up that way...

With regard to the use of local host.  Same difference.  I'm guessing, because I don't know your setup, but the VM is just that, a virtual machine.  It may be physically in the same place, but logically it is not.  I've never set up a local VM, but my guess is you had to assign it an IP, and that is probably not the same IP where your WSDL is located, ergo, localhost is not going to find it there.  When  you start policy manager, do you put "localhost" in the Gateway field, like this?

• 12.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 13, 2016 07:25 PM

Because your username shows as StPaulPete

• 13.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 14, 2016 12:51 AM

Thanks StPaulPete.

No, I use the hostname to connect "ssg.l7tech.com". Browser access gateway's ping service through IP address and not through Hostname so assume it's problem with Network. Hopefully Network team would be able to resolve it by making changes in DNS entry.

• 14.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 14, 2016 11:15 AM

Exactly to my point.  I think.  Let me clarify what I understand your question to be and my answer.

Question:  Why you can't use "localhost" to load the WSDL?

Answer:  Because when you specify "localhost" you are pointing to gateway's local loopback, and there is no wsdl on the gateway, nor a listener port for the number specified.  It doesn't matter that you have it all installed on the same system, you installed the gateway as a virtual machine that is its own entity and is logically (and in network terms) independent of the rest of your workstation.  Doesn't matter they are on the same physical system.  Your access to policy manager illustrates this.  I suspect if you find the ip address of ssg.l7tech.com it will be different from the ip address of your workstation (or wherever you have this installed).

Maybe I don't understand your question, but if I do hopefully this helps.  Otherwise, I'd need a lot more information about what you're doing.

• 15.  Re: Problem in Publishing SOAP Webservice via CA Gateway 9.0

Posted Jun 14, 2016 11:32 PM

Excellent StPaulPete! After replacing the Localhost with the actual IP address, it worked(able to fetch WSDL directly through Policy manager). Thank you very much for your valuable time. Have a Nice day.