Symantec Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CA Siteminder : How many times do we have to register the host if a server has both IHS and TAI installed?

• 1.  CA Siteminder : How many times do we have to register the host if a server has both IHS and TAI installed?

Posted Jun 10, 2016 09:55 AM

Hi,

I have a server which has both IHS and WAS installed. From the siteminder part, I have installed the Web Agent and the TAI agent.

As I have already registered the host during Web Agent installation, I didn't perform the host registration while installing TAI.

I have just copied the SmHost.conf file from the Web Agent location to TAI, but it doesnt work.

So, I tried registering the host again using the smreg.sh script of TAI and it worked after that.

Could anyone please explain this behavior? Why we are not able to use the same Smhost.conf file?

Thanks and Regards,

Dhilip

• 2.  Re: CA Siteminder : How many times do we have to register the host if a server has both IHS and TAI installed?

Posted Jun 10, 2016 01:44 PM

Capture.JPG

• 3.  Re: CA Siteminder : How many times do we have to register the host if a server has both IHS and TAI installed?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 10, 2016 01:49 PM

This is possible due to various reasons

A. WebAgent Programming Language and ASA Programming Language used. However I don't think this is the actual cause because if this were true then WAOP would not be able to use the same SmHost.conf generated by a WA.

B. We know ASA makes its own IsProt, IsAuth and IsAz call. Hence can function independant of the WebAgent if ASA is not configured to accept SMSession. That may be a reason why ASA is designed differently and thus this requirement.

But these are speculations. Am grateful the documentation clearly states it and we must have missed reading the documentation to begin with.

Regards

Hubert

• 4.  Re: CA Siteminder : How many times do we have to register the host if a server has both IHS and TAI installed?

Posted Jun 13, 2016 01:28 AM

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Dhilip