CA Service Management

Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (June 2016)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (June 2016)

Posted Jun 09, 2016 06:49 PM

Miss the June Service Management Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in July for the next session!

from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

Hi Everyone - We'll be starting in just a few minutes.

OK - Ready for questions!

Any questions out there? It's very very quiet:)

from ArunavaS to Everyone:

We are in SDM14.1 . We cound see during Manual Notification it is validating the existance of email address. But when we try to send a group notification using Manual Notify it fails because group doesn't have an email address in general. Do you have standard solution for this problem?

from Andrea Holmes to Everyone:

@Arunavas That's an awesome question, we've run into the same thing.

Be sure to join us for the CA Service Management Community Webcast - Announcing the xFlow Service Desk Analyst User Experience - June 16the @11AM ET - https://communities.ca.com/events/2918

from Jon Israel to Everyone:

@ArunavaS and Andrea - I am looking into this - please give me a few moments...

@ArunavaS and Andrea - when doing the manual notify to a group that does not have an email address set, can you please try setting the "Preferred Method" field (dropdown) to "Notification" on the Manual Notify screen.  This should work.

Any other questions out there?

from Pedro to Everyone:

Hi everyone. We have SDM r12.9 and use Email integration to create tickets. However, since we use HTML notifications, we can't update an incident when a customer replies to the email received from Service Desk. Any workaround or fix for this? Thank you.

@Jon, won't this only send an internal notification though, instead of an email?  We don't use the internal notifications.

@Pedro - unfortunately, at the moment there is no fix for this, however it is an item that is currently on the roadmap for Service Desk, and is being reviewed by Product Management.  We do not have any type of ETA at this time.

from J.W. to Everyone:

We are updating tickets from replies generated from HTML notifications.  We instruct the employees to delete the entire quoted reply before adding their own comments. 

@Andrea - I apologize, I should have explained further - Yes, you are correct, it would not be an email notification, but rather a notification within SDM.

from J.W. to Everyone:

@Pedro - your inbound email inbox must also be set to force text

@Jon, so does that mean from now onwards it will restrict to send email notification to a group untill and unless it has an email address?

from J.W. to Everyone:

Is there a procedure for exporting r11.2 knowledge documents and related categories so that they can be imported into 14.1.02?  This is not a swing box migration - no tickets are coming across.

@Arunava - we are checking into this, please give us a few minutes...from ArunavaS to Everyone:

@JW, do you have "show CSV" button enabled in r11.2?

@JW - I dont believe KT docs can be exported from 11.2 and imported to 14.1.  The export GUI functionality for KT was introduced in the 12.x versions of the product, and you can only imort into 14.1 from a version that has the same functionality.

from J.W. to Everyone:

@ArunavaS - No, what is that?

from J.W. to Everyone:

@Jon - So what does the Migration Script do if this were a swing box migration?  What tables are invloved?

@JW - there are a lot of tables that are involved with KT both directly and indirectly - even things like groups since groups can govern permissions.  This is why we dont support the manual extracting and loading of KT data.

from J.W. to Everyone:

@Everyone - Do we still have a KM DRD for all the KM tables in the MDB?  I can do a SQL export/import on all the tables I'm aware of:  o_comments, o_events, o_indexes, p_groups, skeletons.  But I'd need the rest to be sure.

@JW - your best bet would be to replicate your 11.2 system to a test environment, and then do the upgrade and migration to 14.1 - then export the KT data there, and then you can import it into your new 14.1 system.

"Show CSV" is the previous version of Export functionality(prior to 12.x)..I seen it in r11.2... and but not sure if it able to fetch KBs. CA has a patch/fix to enable that in r11.2...as best of my memory. If you have an extended support enable, you may check

from J.W. to Everyone:

@jon - yes, I thought that would work - I would treat the upgraded box as a 'DEV' and then use the new tools.  They work very well.

@JW - great!  That would be the best scenario to ensure you are working within supported means, and wont run into problems later

@Arunava - regarding the manual notification to a group - the current design of the product does not allow you to send a  manual notification to a group if the group doesnt have an email address set.   This would be something that we would recommend you post an "idea" for in the CA Communities, so that folks can vote for it and product management will review it for future versions.

@Jon.. Thank You. I will certainly post this idea.

@Arunava - thanks!

from J.W. to Everyone:

new topic: I've posted variations of this in the community.  We need analysts to be be able to see contacts and their tickets when the contact and the analysts share the same Site but not necessary the same Location. 

from J.W. to Everyone:

Without, I should mention, having to create and maintain a list of locations for each data constraint

@JW - being that you want them to only be able to view tickets IF the contact on that ticket is part of the same site as the logged-in-user, I believe this would require quite a bit of custom code, as you cannot use data partitions to do a "do this WHEN this..." type of thing.

from J.W. to Everyone:

@Jon - I know we've had this similar discussion before.  'customer.location.site' is not recognized

@JW - correct, we do not support the use of double-dotted references at this time.

OK Everyone - We're wrapping up for today. Thank you for participating and see you back here in July!

Thanks guys!!

from Pedro to Everyone:

Thank you.

from J.W. to Everyone:

See you at the new analyst interface reveal!

Thanks again everyone!