Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Problem in Integrating API Portal with API Gateway

Posted Jun 10, 2016 10:08 AM

Hi there!

I'm following the steps to Integrate API Portal(V3.5) with API Gateway(V9.0). In one of the steps, after logging into API Portal htpp://l7apiportal.l7tech.com/admin, now under Aministration Tools I have clicked "Pluin Administration" and then clicked "Layer 7 Gateway". Now in the Plugin page of "Layer 7 Gateway" under the section "Sync SSG Data" after clicking buttons Sync API Plans and Sync API Keys I' m getting error as follows

API Plans: <Failure message="Unable to process response" code="500"/>

API Keys: <Failure message="Unable to process response" code="500"/>

Because of these failures I'm unable to see the Developed API's in API Portal.

Appreciate your quick help on this.

Many thanks

Regards,

Mathanprasath K

• 2.  Re: Problem in Integrating API Portal with API Gateway
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 13, 2016 11:20 AM

Hello Mathanprasath

These integrations problems are generally concerned with the mutual authentication failing between the gateway and the portal.  Whenever I have a support case with this error I work though the install instructions in fine detail, especially where the certificate creation and upload is concerned and 99% of the time the problem is resolved.  Follow these steps in detail but if you continue to have problems raise a support case and we can work with you.

Regards

Christopher Clark

CA Support

• 3.  Re: Problem in Integrating API Portal with API Gateway

Posted Jun 14, 2016 01:02 AM

Thanks for your valuable input Christopher. Will work on those things again as mentioned. Could you please let me know how do I go about raising support case if things at my side didn't work?

• 4.  Re: Problem in Integrating API Portal with API Gateway

Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:08 AM

The issue has now been sorted out. Many thanks.

• 5.  Re: Problem in Integrating API Portal with API Gateway

Posted Nov 07, 2016 12:00 PM

You can also receive these "500"errors if you set your DNS resolution incorrectly on the portal machine...or at least this was my experience.