Clarity

• 1.  Requirements Hierarchy xog

Posted Jun 13, 2016 10:40 AM

Hi, I am trying to create a process on Requirement object. Whenever they associate the user story to epic , the hierarchy should get updated. I did the first part of adding the user story to the corresponding epic hierarchy. But similarly when I associate the user story to some other epic the hierarchy should get udpated . For investments and Skill associations we have tag isComplete="true" which actually takes care of removing the hierarchy. I tried with the same tag. But it is throwing an error.

Input file

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_requirement.xsd">

<Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="requirement" version="14.2.0.237"/>

<requirements>

<requirement object_id="00000080">

<hierarchyLinks >

<link child="00000172" parent="00000080" isComplete="true"/>

</hierarchyLinks>

<dependencies/>

<OBSAssocs complete="false"/>

</requirement>

</requirements>

</NikuDataBus>

Output

------------

<XOGOutput xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespace

SchemaLocation="../xsd/status.xsd">

<Object type="requirement"/>

<Status elapsedTime="0.0 seconds" state="FAILURE"/>

<Statistics failureRecords="0" insertedRecords="0" totalNumberOfRecords="0" up

datedRecords="0"/>

<ErrorInformation>

<Severity>FATAL</Severity>

<Description>[Error] :0:0: unexpected attribute "isComplete"

Invalid attribute in input document. Please remove all instances of attr

ibute from document elements and try again.

[Element : link, Attribute : isComplete ].

</Description>

<Exception type="java.lang.Exception">Invalid xml data</Exception>

</ErrorInformation>

</XOGOutput>

• 2.  Re: Requirements Hierarchy xog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2016 12:07 PM

Hi Arun,

The complete attribute can only be used in some sections.   It is defined in common.xsd located in the xsd folder of your xog client install.  It can only be used in sections where it is defined. And the link section is not one of them.

In general, if you look at the top of the .xml file you created, it will tell you the name of the top level .xsd file that defines your xog.  If you look at the top of that .xsd file, you will see the names of any .xsd files that are included that further define what can be done in your xog file.

These .xsd files define what is and is not allowed in you read or write xml file.

I hope you find this information useful.

Sincerely yours,

Jeanne Gaskill
    Senior Support Engineer

CA PPM