IT Process Automation

• 1.  Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM

Posted Jun 14, 2016 01:36 PM

I've created a new custom status in Service Desk...

and am now attempting to set it's status in PAM. It returns the following error:

<ErrorMessage>Error setting attr 'Open' on object 'cr:679962' to value 'PSUP'</ErrorMessage>

<ErrorCode>1003</ErrorCode>

PSUP is active and has transitions created yet I still recieve the error. Any pointers to what I'm missing here would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM

Posted Jun 14, 2016 02:26 PM

What PAM Operator are you using to do this?

• 3.  Re: Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM

Posted Jun 14, 2016 03:13 PM

The set request Operator.

• 4.  Re: Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM

Posted Jun 14, 2016 03:45 PM

If have found that the "Set Request Status" custom operator (from the CA Service Desk Connector for ITPAM) will only work with the 13 statuses that you find in the dropdown for "New Status". I had to create my own routine for updating a Request to a custom status.

• 5.  Re: Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM

Posted Jun 14, 2016 03:54 PM

I assume you are using one of the SDM Soap operations to facilitate this? Invoke updateObject perhaps?

• 6.  Re: Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM

Posted Jun 15, 2016 08:37 AM

I also saw this data set within the SDM configuration area on the server. I thought this might actually be the key to the issue and so tested out adding the custom status to the list to no avail (highlighted yellow). I wonder if there is a data set somewhere that configures the operator to allow the custom status and adds it to the drop down for future use?

• 7.  Re: Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 01:07 PM

Joel,

I would suggest trying this with the generic soap operator.  I want to say that the service desk operators are locked to the default status values.

• 8.  Re: Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM

Posted Jun 15, 2016 01:14 PM

Thank you Michael, I'll generate a test, see what I can come up with and reply either later today or tomorrow. Appreciate the response!

• 9.  Re: Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 01:17 PM

Joel,

I have confirmed the default operators are hard coded with the default status values.  If you need to modify a custom status you will need to use a generic soap operator, or you could create a new custom operator with the new status values you need.

You can read more about custom operators here:

Custom Operators - CA Process Automation - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 10.  Re: Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM

Posted Jun 24, 2016 02:07 PM

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to relay to you that this indeed works! I'm using the update request operator and passing in the attr val pair to make the change and it works.

Thank you!

• 11.  Re: Set a request status to a custom created status in SDM in PAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2016 03:11 PM

GREAT!  Glad I could help!