AnsweredAssumed Answered

Where to get newest releases of Java?

Question asked by L.Elias Champion on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 by Michael Thibault

I'm about to ask what I feel is a stupid question but...how are we supposed to get the most up-to-date releases of Java SE to use with Clarity? Per the release notes, Clarity (14.2) supports "Oracle Java SE JDK 1.7 update 67 (64-bit) or higher patch level" which is great. We've recently started running Nessus security vulnerability scans on our servers, and we have update 80 but several vulnerabilities have been found that require updating to update 91 or newer. Fine, all checks out with the supported version...except I can't find where to get it. So far as I can tell, update 80 is the final release that is publicly available ("Updates for Java SE 7 released after April 2015, and updates for Java SE 6 released after April 2013 are only available to Oracle Customers"), and anything newer seems to require enterprise oracle support. I created a free support account but when trying to access the newer Java it was asking for a support ID or something like that which I dont have.

I've opened a case with CA support and had to explain this three times to the support rep (who kept sending my links to the same update 80 that I already have) but that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Does anyone else know how we are supposed to keep our java installations up to date and secure (as secure as Java ever could be anyway)? I'm really hoping someone has a link to the download page that I just haven't been able to find (the oracle/java website is not the best I've ever seen)

Outcomes