Clarity

• 1.  Resource actual's are missing in PPA_WIP table

Posted Jun 18, 2016 07:30 AM

Hello,

I have a resource who has posted his time sheet and then adjusted.

His time sheet while posted as follows,

Date:       4 (Mon)     5(Tue)      6(Wed)     7(Thu)     8(Fri)     9(Sat)     10(Sat)

Actual's     7.5           750            7.5           7.5          7.5      

Later he adjusted above time sheet as,

Date:       4 (Mon)    5(Tue)     6(Wed)     7(Thu)     8(Fri)     9(Sat)     10(Sat)

Actual's     7.5           7.5            7.5           7.5          7.5      

But the actual for the date '4' is present in the PPA_WIP table and the remaining dates 5,6,7,8,9,10 are missing.

In PPA_WIP the values present are as follows,

Quantity:                        Transdate:

7.5                                   04

-742.5                                 05

7.5                                   11

It might be some one had deleted the time entry from the WIP table.

So, if the same time sheet is adjusted once again and then posted, is there a chance that his entered actuals to be present in PPA_WIP table ?

Thank you beforehand for your help,

Siddiq

• 2.  Re: Resource actual's are missing in PPA_WIP table
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2016 08:15 PM

Hi Siddiq,

First of all, there is no way you can delete a time entry from ppa_wip table from UI and I hope you haven't done a delete via a direct DB command as you would be running into the risk on unsupported environment.

You can only do a WIP adjustment but that will only flip the status in the ppa_wip table and not delete them.

When you do a timesheet adjustment, only the corrected hours will flow from timesheet tables to WIP table and not all actuals for the whole week. In this case, for 5(Tue) the timesheet was adjusted from 750hours to 7.5 which means -742.5 is what moves from timesheet table to WIP. So in WIP there should be 2 entries for 5(Tue) - one with 750 hrs and one with -742.5 hrs.

If you are pretty sure that a DB deletion is not done in WIP and the actuals for other days in the week have not reached WIP, I would suggest you to do a little bit of research on where the "missing" actuals are before going for another adjustment.

Have you checked in Invalid transaction(imp_transactionimport table) or if its waiting for Post to WIP (ppa_transacontrol).

I am pretty sure you have ran the Post Timesheet, Post Transaction to financials and Post to WIP but checking, just in case !

Also run the queries in this tec doc and see if you are getting the missing timesheets in the results. If so, it will show you the reason why its not processing forward.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1149227.aspx

Let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

Jerin

• 3.  Re: Resource actual's are missing in PPA_WIP table

Posted Jul 05, 2016 06:48 PM

Hi Siddiq - Did Jerin_Sebastian 's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!