DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  APM Team Center Configuration Management

Posted Jun 20, 2016 09:49 PM

Hi,

I am trying to understand if there is any documented methods of configuring APM Team Center from the command line or via configuration files

We have the requirements for setting custom attributes and perspective views depending on requirements. Currently everything is being done from the UI and requires a lot of manual effort.

Are there any alternative methods to manage these configuration via tools like puppet or ansible to ensure we have updates going via the configuration management tools?

Thanks

AJ

• 2.  Re: APM Team Center Configuration Management

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2016 06:43 AM

Hi AJ:

I sent a note to our internal ATC group requesting a response.

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: APM Team Center Configuration Management
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 21, 2016 07:00 AM

Hi AJ. In order to support such expectations for enthusiasts such as yourself, we have an API mechanism that be used to fast track the creation of custom attributes. Take a look at the simple documentation on CA WIKI: APM REST API - CA Application Performance Management - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation

Also, we have direct integration with Jenkins officially available on Jenkins page. Look for CA APM on that page and follow the steps to install that piece. The Jenkins integration provides auto-creation of attributes for the latest releases. Also, it has great code quality control feature and version compare.

I am also sending to your email a simple script - add-cam-attributes.sh to provide an example use-case of the REST API.

Cheers,

Nik Jain

"Your friendly local pre-sales guy"

• 4.  Re: APM Team Center Configuration Management

Posted Jul 22, 2016 07:27 AM

Hi Nick, I am interested by your script, could you send me it please ?

Thanks

Philippe

• 5.  Re: APM Team Center Configuration Management

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2016 07:02 AM

Hi AJ:

Please let us know if the answer was helpful and we can mark as closed. Or there are follow-up questions

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: APM Team Center Configuration Management

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2016 02:19 AM

This request has been addressed in support case 00437019 as well. I've informed AJ that the APM REST API feature is available from 10.1 onward, however they are on 10.0 now and is wondering if there is any similar feature/options in this version.

• 7.  Re: APM Team Center Configuration Management

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2016 09:08 AM

I am marking this as answered since an answer was given, there was no response. And a case was opened.

• 8.  Re: APM Team Center Configuration Management

Posted Jun 26, 2016 07:47 PM

Thanks everybody. I think this is great information to progress.

We are currently on 10.0 unfortunately, so might use this requirement to perform an upgrade in the near future.

Thanks for all your support.