Clarity

• 1.  Permissions for Jasper Report

Posted Jun 22, 2016 02:23 AM

Hi All,

We have published a report from Studio and  only the users with ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR has Administer access.

All the other roles have No Access.

But when i login as the user with ROLE_ADHOC_DESIGNER,  ROLE_REPORT_DESIGNER and ROLE_USER, i am able to run the report and view the complete data.

Hence can let me know how can we implement access control on the Jasper Reports.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Anusha

• 2.  Re: Permissions for Jasper Report

Posted Jun 30, 2016 08:30 AM

Anusha,

So If I've read this right you don't want the users to have access, yet a user has access.

Check the rights that have been applied to that user (through group or directly).

If you've provided "ROLE_ADHOC_DESIGNER,  ROLE_REPORT_DESIGNER and ROLE_USER" to the user, then it would follow that they have access.

Advanced Reporting Access Rights - CA PPM - 14.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 3.  Re: Permissions for Jasper Report

Posted Jul 05, 2016 07:37 AM

Hi Andrew,

That was helpful.

Just wanted to know if there is a any way where we can restrict a person from viewing particular reports.

But the user would have ROLE_ADHOC_DESIGNER,  ROLE_REPORT_DESIGNER access.

Regards,

Anusha

• 4.  Re: Permissions for Jasper Report

Posted Jul 05, 2016 09:04 AM

Depends on the folder and rights structure you have set up.

You can set permissions on the folders, reports and even domains. Might be worth looking over here

Jaspersoft Tech Talks Episode 1: Launching Your Project: Securing the Jaspersoft Repository | Jaspersoft Community

• 5.  Re: Permissions for Jasper Report

Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:14 AM

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for the information.

it was really helpful

Regards,

Anusha