DX NetOps

• 1.  Chassis Manager events 0x3d0001

Posted Jun 21, 2016 11:36 PM

I have troubles with the Chassis Manager in Spectrum 10.1.1 - all my switches are Extreme Networks and all of them show in Chassis Manager (400+  devices)

I am getting a very large number of events (1 every minute) - event ID 0x3d0001 non-stop for quite a big number of these switches. I have absolutely no idea why these events are generated? What is considered to be a change worthy of reconfiguration?

I have checked all these devices and all of them have "EnableEntityModuleModelling" set to No and yet they are all in the Chassis Manager. I even tried to follow the guidelines and I set EnableEntityModuleModelling to "Yes" then Reconfigured the model, then I set EnableEntityModuleModelling to "No" (as per documentation) and Reconfigure. Nothing changed, the device is still in the Chassis Manager.

Is this a bug? How I can really remove the devices I want? Out of those 400+ devices, about a 1/4 are either stacks or chassis, all the others are single switches.

Also, how can I prevent all these  0x3d0001 events being generated?

Thank you,

• 2.  Re: Chassis Manager events 0x3d0001
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2016 08:01 AM
      |   view attached

This sounds like this issue:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1666174.aspx

If it is, it may be fixed by:

10.1.0 - Spectrum_10.01.00.PTF_10.0.025

10.1.1 - Spectrum_10.01.01.PTF_10.1.109

Please open a case to request the patch.

Hope that helps

Jay