Clarity

• 1.  How to restrict the view of the Baseline and Estimating links, at Project properties menu?

Posted Jun 22, 2016 01:59 PM

Greetings.

Is it possible to restrict the view of the Baseline and Estimating links, at Project properties menu, so that a group of resources couldn´t access it?

I know that it´s possible to set display condition at the Project view object. But I didn´t find how to restrict the links form properties menu.

image001 (1).png

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: How to restrict the view of the Baseline and Estimating links, at Project properties menu?

Posted Aug 03, 2017 03:34 AM

Same as this:

Estimating Page on the Project Object View - Help

https://communities.ca.com/message/2287318

NJ 

• 3.  Re: How to restrict the view of the Baseline and Estimating links, at Project properties menu?

Posted Aug 03, 2017 06:55 AM

Dear Navdeep,

This may not  be feasible from OOTB perspective. Further, when you click on the Baseline link above it transitions onto the baseline revision list page.  

A display condition cannot be applied onto it, neither could it be made secure. Probably you have already explored these options

If you only give an user read only access on project, i.e. not project edit management, then that user will not be able to see those links, however then again, the other aspects of the project will also be not available to the user.

Regards,

Samik

• 4.  Re: How to restrict the view of the Baseline and Estimating links, at Project properties menu?

Posted Aug 03, 2017 08:09 AM

The project properties page in default project layout is a system page and it can not be customized. This can be confirmed through cmn_pages table.

Although, read only access on project can be a way, but will definitely loose some other aspects also.