Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to integrate LISA INVOKE with Bamboo. Can it be done without using ANT? Simpler solution would be appreciated!!

Posted Jun 25, 2016 01:15 AM

There has been some issues using JUNIT to integrate with bamboo. Can using LISA invoke provide simpler and easy solution. ( for LISA 7.5.1 version)

• 2.  Re: How to integrate LISA INVOKE with Bamboo. Can it be done without using ANT? Simpler solution would be appreciated!!

Posted Jun 25, 2016 07:14 PM

Josh_Hendrick kindly advice

• 3.  Re: How to integrate LISA INVOKE with Bamboo. Can it be done without using ANT? Simpler solution would be appreciated!!

Posted Jun 25, 2016 08:49 PM

Hi Vinit, I've never integrated LISA anything other than Ant into Bamboo personally so I don't have any specific documentation outside of doing this with Ant.  But I believe you could integrate via LISA Invoke as well. I'm not aware of any specific REST API integration points for Bamboo tasks, but you could potentially do this via a Script task: Configuring a builder task - Atlassian Documentation

I would imagine you could create a custom script which does a curl call (or something similar) to the LISA Invoke REST API to kick off a test case or suite and get the result back.

This describes how you can run a test case with LISA Invoke: Run Test Cases with LISA Invoke - DevTest Solutions - 8.0.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 4.  Re: How to integrate LISA INVOKE with Bamboo. Can it be done without using ANT? Simpler solution would be appreciated!!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2016 09:28 AM

Agree with Josh. With 7.5.1 there only the Lisa-Invoke API (not the Invoke 2 REST) which you could use to run tests, suite and to deploy mars.

Does this help?

• 5.  Re: How to integrate LISA INVOKE with Bamboo. Can it be done without using ANT? Simpler solution would be appreciated!!

Posted Jun 26, 2016 09:30 PM

LISA invoke I know how to use it and run tests.  I am asking can we integrate it with bamboo? How can we do that?

• 6.  Re: How to integrate LISA INVOKE with Bamboo. Can it be done without using ANT? Simpler solution would be appreciated!!

Posted Jun 26, 2016 09:32 PM

Josh do you know how we can use LISa invoke to integrate it with bamboo. I am not sure what is ANT SCRIPTS so that y was trying to avoid it. But if you could advice how we can integrate lisa invoke with bamboo ( procedure) that would realy help me.

• 7.  Re: How to integrate LISA INVOKE with Bamboo. Can it be done without using ANT? Simpler solution would be appreciated!!
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2016 12:55 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Vinit - Attaching a document on Bamboo integration via ant which is our typical method of doing this.  I don't have any other detailed steps for using the REST API, but as I mentioned you could follow similar steps as this document but instead choose a script.  You would then need to write a script to invoke the LISA Invoke API.

Attachment(s)

• 8.  Re: How to integrate LISA INVOKE with Bamboo. Can it be done without using ANT? Simpler solution would be appreciated!!

Posted Jan 18, 2017 03:19 PM

Vinit,

Did Josh's last reply help you out with how to use LISA invoke to integrate with bamboo?

Regards,

Reid