AnsweredAssumed Answered

How does DevTest Match on identical MQ requests?

Question asked by MCaldw3ll on Jun 27, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2016 by MCaldw3ll

I had a quick question about how DevTest matches on MQ request transactions to return the correct reply.  It might be easier to provide a simple example.

In DevTest I start a recording to capture a workflow of adding an item to a shopping list.  I want to capture the entire workflow from opening the client application to closing so I can essentially virtualize the entire backend.

• DevTest Recording Started
  • Open client application
  • Client application generates MQ request to return all items on the shopping list
  • MQ Reply contains “Milk, Eggs” for the shopping list
  • Client application generates MQ request to add “Apples” to list
  • MQ Reply contains “Success”
  • Client application generates MQ request to return all items on shopping list
  • MQ Reply contains “Milk, Eggs” for the shopping list
  • DevTest Recording Ended

There is nothing unique in the call to return items for shopping list so I can see where DevTest matches on the first recorded MQ request for the shopping list.  Based on this scenario, can DevTest be configured to return the list that contains "Apples" without changing my client request structure and without a large amount of configuration?  Since we will be recording many workflows for multiple applications we would prefer not to customize each recording.

Thanks...

Outcomes