Release Automation

• 1.  Two Deployments get started in parallel? (same plan, name and timestamp)

Posted Jun 28, 2016 02:02 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else experienced the case, that two deployments get triggered at the same time from the same plan? They both have the same name and are only 1s apart (if the timestamp differs at all)

Normally it shouldn't even be possible, as the name of the deployment has to be unique, but my guess is, that the events get triggered so fast, that the check if the name is already in use, doesn't work.

This is nothing that happens really often, maybe 5 out of 3000, but it does happen.

So yeah, does anyone has an idea what might cause something like that? my current theory is only, that something with the hardware is wrong, that e.g. the mouse button triggers twice or something like that.

Also I'm curious to know, why there isn't a blocking mechanism build-in that only allows one "save" event at all

thanks.

michael

we're currently running 5.5.2.191

• 2.  Re: Two Deployments get started in parallel? (same plan, name and timestamp)

Posted Jun 28, 2016 12:53 PM

Did both deployments rin on the same environment?

Did it triggered manually or automatically?

Thanks

Jacky

• 3.  Re: Two Deployments get started in parallel? (same plan, name and timestamp)

Posted Jun 29, 2016 01:53 AM

Hi Jacky,

yes, both did run on the same environment:

c29-06-2016 07-48-27.pngc29-06-2016 07-48-40.png

and yes, at least one was triggered manually, I would assume the second one as well, just can't really explain why other then the user did click save twice pretty fast or his mouse had a problem or the ROC had a hick-up

thanks

michael

• 4.  Re: Two Deployments get started in parallel? (same plan, name and timestamp)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 07:27 PM

Micheal,

Forgive me for raising this thread from the dead, but I see we never really came to a final conclusion on this thread.  Did this ever happen again?

If it never happened again, then I would probably toss this up to a "ghost in the machine" fluke.  I've never seen this happen before to anyone else, that I'm aware of.

If it has happened again though, I'm interested in revisiting this if needed. 

• 5.  Re: Two Deployments get started in parallel? (same plan, name and timestamp)
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 21, 2017 01:06 AM

Hey James,

now you're really getting out the old stuff

As far as I know this never really happened again, maybe something was fixed with the upgrades to the version after 5.5.2.

Its also not because of lack of usage as we do have a lot more deployments than at the time where this happened.

I marked the question as assumed answered to have it closed.

best regards

michael