Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Jaspersoft dwh update

• 1.  Jaspersoft dwh update

Posted Jun 29, 2016 08:46 AM

Good Morning All,

Has anyone experienced an issue with data updated in PPM not loading into the DWH?   I have tried reloading the DWH but it is just not updating my data.

Thanks, Donna

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Posted Jun 29, 2016 09:43 AM

Hi Donna,

I am probably asking a silly question but are the attributes on which Data is being updated enabled for Datawarehouse?

Regards,

Bhargav.

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Posted Jun 29, 2016 10:27 AM

Yes they are

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Posted Jun 30, 2016 12:10 AM

Hi Donna,

Can you help us with the PPM Version along with the patch number ? Has there been a Database change anytime recently before you started noticing this issue ? probably the database is migrated to a new host ?

Regards,

Bhargav.

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Posted Jun 30, 2016 05:11 PM

Bhargav,

Here is the version/build.  The issue I had was that Jaspersoft was down on June 15/16.  The morning of the 17th it was back up and but my data was not updating anymore.

Thanks, Donna

• 6.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2016 03:40 PM

Hi Donna,

Please ensure that the App server time and Database (PPM and DWH) server time are exactly the same. The timezone should be the same and the times should match to the second. If there is a difference, then some data may not be copied to Data Warehouse. If you correct the times, please run Load Data Warehouse - Full Load.

If you still have an issue after checking the dates, then please specify which exactly data is not coming through. Is this data coming from slices, or lookups etc.

Also, if you actually mean the attributes are not coming through to Jaspersoft : then the issue might be with the connection to Jaspersoft. Again, ensure the JS server is also matching the exact times, and confirm the Load Data Warehouse job is running successfully.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 7.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Posted Jul 18, 2016 08:43 AM

Nika,

The time zone is off.  The PPM is on central and the DWH is on eastern but I'm not sure how to change the time in the DWH.   Can you assist?

Thanks, Donna

• 8.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2016 09:46 AM

HI Donna,

The DBA / System admin for the DWH database server could assist here. The time zone change is on the Operating System.

Thanks,

Shawn

• 9.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2016 11:26 AM

Hi Donna,

If you want to set the DWH database to EST then you have to request this change from your DBA/Admin as Shawn stated above. They will basically change the time on the server where the database is installed. No reboot is usually necessary. They (or you if you have access) can double check the date with running the following query on the PPM_DWH database:

for Oracle:

select sysdate from dual

or for MSSQL

select getdate()

After setting it properly, please run the Load Data Warehouse job with Full Load and check if data is populating correctly in FACTS tables by running some of the OOTB reports. I'd recommend you try Resource Time Summary and Detail or Project Storyboard or any of the Capacity reports.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards -Nika

• 10.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Posted Jul 22, 2016 04:22 PM

Hi Cloutier - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 11.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Posted Aug 17, 2016 02:11 PM

Chris,

The DWH was on the different server than the PPM.  I have since had this issue resolved.

Thanks, Donna

• 12.  Re: Jaspersoft dwh update

Posted Jul 16, 2016 10:43 AM

Hi Donna,

I have found the below in CA documentation. Please see if that's what the issue is about.

Data is not loaded in the Data Warehouse if English is not added as one of the languages in the Data

Warehouse setup. This issue occurs even after the Load Data Warehouse job completes successfully.

Add English in the Languages field of the Data Warehouse Options (Administration, General Settings,

System Options). For example, if Spanish is the only language you need, you still have to select both

Spanish and English for the data to load successfully in the Data Warehouse after the Load Data

Warehouse job.

--Bhargav