Plex 2E

• 1.  CA Plex 7.2.1 Customer Validation Starting First Week of July

Posted Jul 01, 2016 04:22 PM

Dear CA Plex Community,

I am pleased to announce that CA Plex 7.2.1 is starting the customer validation process.  The team has done a lot of work to get this new release ready and we are pleased to inform our Community we are now ready for your help for the final process. 

We will be posting the new release in the Validate.CA.COM CA Plex group next week.  If you have not already do so please sign up in the Validate.CA.COM site and join the group.  We will be sending out meeting invites for a demo of the new software and will open the Group for your feedback.

So when will CA Plex 7.2.1 be GA?  The answer is... When the Customer Validation process is complete.  We need customersto review the software and ensure that it will work in your environment.  The more customers that try the software and/or participate in the Demos the faster we can progress through the Validation phase. 

See you on the Validate.CA.COM CA Plex Group,

Steve...

CA Plex and CA 2E Product Manager

• 2.  Re: CA Plex 7.2.1 Customer Validation Starting First Week of July

Posted Jul 19, 2016 05:23 PM

Dear CA Plex Users,

We need your help.  We have a few customers really putting the new release of CA Plex 7.2.1 through a good test, but there is not enough of you participating to keep the CA Plex 7.2.1 release plan on schedule.  As per CA Technologies development standards multiple customers need to review and give their approval before new releases of software can go GA.

If you are committed to CA Plex then please help support the product by joining the CA Plex Group on Validate.ca.com.  From that site you can download and install the CA Plex 7.2.1 release and give it a try. 

I know many of you are waiting on the CA Plex 7.2.1 release the GA Date is now solely based on customer participation.

Steve...

CA Plex and CA 2E Product Manager

• 3.  Re: CA Plex 7.2.1 Customer Validation Starting First Week of July

Posted Jul 19, 2016 05:27 PM

FAQ on the Customer Validation Portal:

Q: What is the purpose of the Validation Portal?

A: The Validation Portal is to provide a single interface for all CA product validation activities. We want to enable easy collaboration between CA teams and the customers also among the customers within the product validation project.

Q: How do I report a defect?

A: When you are in a project there is a link on the left in the ‘Give Feedback’ section called, ‘Submit Bug Report’.  Clicking on that link will open a bug report form. The ‘Summary’ will be used as the title. Enter a description and fill in as much information as you can.  Some fields will be required and they are identified with a red asterisk ‘*’ at the end. You can attach supporting documentation when you report the defect.

Q: What happens to the defect after I report it?

A: The CA Engineering team review it and respond directly with comments or if a fix is needed the team will evaluate the issue and work toward a resolution.

Q: How do I submit a suggestion?

A: When you are in a project there is a link on the left in the ‘Give Feedback’ section called, ‘Submit Suggestion’.  Clicking on that link will open a suggestion form. The ‘Summary’ will be used as the title. Enter a description and then select the level of importance for this suggestion to your company.

Q: What is the difference between a suggestion and an enhancement?

A: Within the new customer validation tool the term suggestion and enhancement are the same.  If you have a general suggestion for the Next release then please create an Idea in the Community.

Q: What happens to the suggestion after I report it?

A: The product owner or product manager will review the suggestion and the provide feedback to you on this request.

Q: What is the Daily Journal for?

A: The Daily Journal is a way for you to provide private feedback to the CA team. Your journal entries will not be visible to the other customers.

Q: What is the ‘My To-Do’ tab for?

A: This tab is where you will find a list of items that the product team expects the customers to perform. This is a way to have a single place to track and manage your participation for this project. (The CA Plex team does not assign To-Do items, you are welcome to leverage this list for your own activities)

Q: How can I discuss items with the other customers in the validation program?

A: The ‘User Forum’ section is where you can create items of discussion or contribute items for discussion for the broader community which includes all the customers in this project and the CA team.