CA Service Management

• 1.  CABI JasperReports from SDM Console

Posted Jul 05, 2016 06:12 AM

Hi Team,

I have installed CABI JasperReports and integrated it with CA SDM 14.1.03. The out of box reports for SDM are also running fine in Jaspersoft. In case of BOXI, to access reports from SDM, we used to access CABI from reports tab of SDM console. I want to know how the reports in jaspersoft can be accessed from the SDM console?

Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal

• 2.  Re: CABI JasperReports from SDM Console
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 05, 2016 09:00 AM

Hi Balram,

At the present time, there is no tab integration between Jaspersoft and SDM.  Users will view and run reports through the Jaspersoft interface.  One option that you can do is inactivate the current "Reports" tab in SDM (if you are not using it anymore), and then create a new custom tab called  "Jasper Reports" or "CABI Reporting" and set that custom tab to HTML type, pointing it to the Jasper login url.  Then give that tab to the appropriate roles in SDM.  When the user clicks on that tab in SDM, you will get the login screen for Jasper.  It would look like this:

They are looking to possibly integrate it further into service desk down the road, but for right now, this is the only option.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CABI JasperReports from SDM Console

Posted Jul 07, 2016 12:12 AM

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your response!

If we want that the servicedesk user or any other user in SDM, which is also present in Jaspersoft with the same password, when click on this tab, gets automatically log in to Jaspersoft (as it used to be in CA BOXI). Is it possible?

Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal

• 4.  Re: CABI JasperReports from SDM Console

Posted Jul 07, 2016 08:54 AM

Hi Balram, 

Unfortunately, that is not possible currently, but the CABI dev team is looking into possible options for that in the future.  I will say that Jasper does have the ability to use LDAP for authentication, and has SSO capability, BUT, there is a known Jasper bug such that you cannot use LDAP auth and SSO at the same time - it wont allow users to log in.  It is something that is being worked on by Tibco (Jaspersoft), and currently there is no ETA on a solution for that.

Regards,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: CABI JasperReports from SDM Console

Posted Oct 31, 2017 03:06 PM

Hey Jon, Do you know if this is still the case?

• 6.  Re: CABI JasperReports from SDM Console

Posted Jul 12, 2018 09:18 AM

Is something new?

• 7.  Re: CABI JasperReports from SDM Console

Posted Jan 08, 2019 09:34 AM

Already have solution for the authentication inside the sdm? Thanks.

• 8.  Re: CABI JasperReports from SDM Console

Posted Jan 16, 2019 03:35 PM

Is anything there new?

• 9.  RE: Re: CABI JasperReports from SDM Console

Posted Aug 14, 2019 03:54 AM
    @Jon_Israel Is there any news regarding SDM and JasperServere integration within the console tab?​

• 10.  RE: Re: CABI JasperReports from SDM Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2019 03:12 AM

Hi,

This thread is probably a bit old to bump. Best to make a new one for this as it is two years on, we're on ITSM 17.2 and not 14.1. Jon is also no longer with us, and I don't know if he monitors this community any more.

That being said, here is the current documentation on configuring CA ITSM 17.2 and JasperReports:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/17-2/en/installing/installing-ca-service-management-17-2/installing-common-components-ca-eem-cabi-jasperreports-ca-process-automation/cabi-jasperreports-server-for-ca-service-management/install-and-integrate-cabi-jasperreports-server-r6-4-3-with-ca-service-management

I haven't used it myself in order to answer your question, but it appears to be Role based:

----------

Enable Insights from CA SDM Interface

CA SDM users who have not installed the xFlow Analyst Interface/Insights App in their environment can now have access to CABI JasperReports Server from the classic CA SDM interface. Launch Insights (CABI JasperReports) from the interface as shown in this article. 

4. Assign the insights tab to the selected role.
    5. Now log in to CA SDM as a user with the selected role.
    6. From the Menu bar, select Insights and click Launch Insights to access your CABI JasperReports.

----------

See if that helps. If not, please open a new thread for the current version with any additional information about what is going on when tried, and link back to this one. Thanks!

Kyle_R.