Clarity

• 1.  Direct linking to CAPA content

Posted Jul 11, 2016 11:22 AM

CAPA has the ability to send user a direct link to a section of content.

1) Click Share...

capa_share.jpg

2) Copy Link...

capa_copy_url.jpg

Unfortunately, when one send this link to a user they need to be logged into CA PPM for it to work. If not they receive a 403 error.

capc_login.jpg

Is there any way to exclude the capa folder and enable direct linking into the CAPA content without requiring application login? This sure would increase the value and ease of this feature.

• 2.  Re: Direct linking to CAPA content

Posted Jul 29, 2016 07:56 AM

Yes, the CAPA Content Deployment instructions walk you through how to find the link to place without logging into Clarity (Word, website, etc).. there a few different ways.  You don't want the one that requires the end user to have the player (called standalone topic).  The link needs tweaking based on your server, but I have been successful using it.  You can also choose to launch it in See it or Play it mode directly.  I have had a lot of success doing this.

The launching outside of Clarity gives you these options

Launch a Document  (I just use the link and have even emailed it),

Play a Standalone topic (really good if you need someone to review the material yet they don't do the development, so they just install the standalone player),

Deploy to HTML content and

Deploy presentation content I haven't used the last two, but I have used the first two.

I believe this is the link via the support site: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec570464.aspx

the link to the document is in there. Naturally, if you are not the one that is publishing the content (thus do not have access to the published file), you will need to ask that person to provide you the file it mentions for you to adjust.

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Direct linking to CAPA content
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 02, 2016 02:08 PM

Fantastic document Lynn. One of my next business problems to solve is deploying CAPA content to our Enterprise Learning Management System. This document will be invaluable in supporting SCORM LMS deployment.

I have a solution, I haven't found this in any existing documents - not saying it isn't out there, just I haven't found it.

To be able to direct link into CAPA content deployed to your CA PPM App server without requiring the user to login:

1) Goto the application server(s)' %Niku_Home%/clarity/webroot/WEB-INF folder

2) Edit the web.xml

3) Find the <filter id="Clarity Content Filter"> node.

4) Add the capa content root folder & wildcard to the param-value list (capa/*) as shown below.

<filter id="Clarity Content Filter">
        <filter-name>Clarity Content Filter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>com.niku.union.web.filter.ClarityContentFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>allowedList</param-name>
          <param-value>DefaultPrint.css,FeaturePrint.css,pagebutton-center.png,Login.gif,ajax-impls.js,ajax.js,lookupManagement.js,DefaultScreen.css,DocMgrScreen.css,LinkActions.js,common.js,Theme.css,FeatureScreen.css,Feature.css,smallFont.css,spacer.gif,WdgError.gif,Spacer.gif,/timesheet,spacer.png,blue.gif,eMailLogo.gif,workspace.png,BOServerStatus.jsp,monitor.jsp,monitor_lite.jsp,common.png,/login,/logoff,min.js,min.css,shortcut.ico,favicon.ico,s.gif,_header.gif,cache.js,gantt.js,hook.js,/nu,/app,.cache.html,hosted.html,pie.htc,/odata*,/odata.v2*,/soap,/sched,/xog,/proxool*,/wsdl*,/serverstatus*,/test.html,blue.gif,spacer.png,eMailLogo.gif,/,/mobile/*,/capa/*</param-value>
        </init-param>
      </filter>

It seems odd that this isn't here by default OOTB. Maybe it was in earlier releases but not 14.3? Either way it should be - I'll open the idea.

[edit]

Here's the idea: Direct Access to CAPA Content.

• 4.  Re: Direct linking to CAPA content

Posted Aug 02, 2016 02:22 PM

Hey Rob,

not sure I follow your reply, but the document covers everything and not just the LMS. You have to go to the section on launching from a document.

Anyway, when you publish the files, these files are saved somewhere (path selected when publishing). Go to the content folder, find the file it mentions and you simply copy the shortcut and adjust it based on your server name. It is that link that you then share with other users and they can launch the topic without ever logging in. I outlined that in my reply.

Not sure what the above steps are referencing or accomplishing based on the original question.  I think you still have my email if you want to talk over the phone, we can set something up and I can show you the steps.

Thanks

Lynn

• 5.  Re: Direct linking to CAPA content

Posted Aug 01, 2016 03:41 PM

Hi Robert_Ensinger - Did vtleogal2's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!