Clarity

• 1.  Update Currently Assigned OBS Members - queston

Posted Jul 14, 2016 11:42 AM

What specifically does the Update currently assigned OBS members option do when adding / updating resource by OBS on a project team?

I have looked through the guides but could not find an explanation.

Many Thanks!

Mike

• 2.  Re: Update Currently Assigned OBS Members - queston

Posted Jul 15, 2016 02:28 AM

I guess, the checkbox works on the below theory:

When you add a resource to a project, the default staff OBS unit for the project (if defined) is used to find and add resources to the project.

The project default staff OBS unit is a field on the scheduling properties page. You can define the resource staff OBS type using the Staff OBS Unit field on the staff member properties page.

The following rules are used when adding resources to projects:

• If the defined resource and the project OBS units vary, then the resource OBS unit is left undefined (blank).
    • If the project OBS unit is not defined, then the resource OBS unit is left undefined (blank).
    • When booking a requisition, the booked resource staff OBS value is set using the same rules as replace.

NJ

• 3.  Re: Update Currently Assigned OBS Members - queston

Posted Jul 15, 2016 11:21 AM

Thank you, but this does not address the "Update currently assigned OBS members". Specifically, what does it update?

If I get time this weekend I will experiment, but hopefully CA has an answer.

Mike

• 4.  Re: Update Currently Assigned OBS Members - queston

Posted Jul 25, 2016 04:29 PM

Hi mike2.2 - Were you ever able to figure this one out? Thanks