Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to not allow users to see the Save as Topic feature in Jaspersoft Ad Hoc?

• 1.  Is there a way to not allow users to see the Save as Topic feature in Jaspersoft Ad Hoc?

Posted Jul 15, 2016 09:30 AM

We are not too crazy about the  "Save As Topic" feature in Jaspersoft Ad Hoc Views. We can see users getting carried away and then when you select create New Ad Hoc View, under the Domains, all those topics show up and that could get confusing/messy to the end user.

I tested this with two basic users and one user created a Save as Topic. The other user choose create New Ad hoc view and he could definitely see and use the Topic the user created.

Is there a way to not allow that but yet still allow the users to Create Ad Hoc Views, Reports and Dashboards? I researched the Jaspersoft community site and I have yet to find anything.  This is a screenshot overlaying the selection of CReating a topic and then how it appears under the Domain selection of an Ad hoc view once it is created.

We want to "hide" or prevent that Save As topic.

Though it defaults to an Ad hoc path and users may not have access to that path, they can change the path. Thus, security on the default path does not help.

Thanks

Lynn

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to not allow users to see the Save as Topic feature in Jaspersoft Ad Hoc?

Posted Jul 29, 2016 07:57 AM

Support has confirmed what I thought: this is not possible. We will need to implement our own policies regarding how to handle these.