Clarity

Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (July 2016)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (July 2016)

Posted Jul 18, 2016 11:16 AM

Miss the July PPM Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in August for the next session!

from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

Hi Everyone - We'll be starting in just a few minutes!

OK were ready for questions!

Quiet group...any questions out there today?

from Ramana to Everyone:

Hi, I am looking for tech document, which lists the impacts/implications of enabling Task object Event

from Eric Gingras to Everyone:

I would have the same question as per last chat... session.  Do you have a roadmap for API development.  I would like to gain understanding of what is coming up in next releases

07/14/2016    10:09:56 AM    from Kismet Silva-Smith to Everyone:

Good day everyone. Will there be a published version of the Advanced Reporting Product Guide and Overview Guide in 14.4?

from Damon Logiudice to Everyone:

@Eric We are not able to provide future roadmaps, sorry. However, try reaching your account manager and perhaps trying to participate in future product previews at validate.ca.com.

from Michael Hartner to Everyone:

Hi, everyone. Using Accelarator Packs (Prince2 and PMO) together. Is there information on the best possible simultaneous use.

from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:

@Ramana, it looks like you asked us this question before, and it was answered here: https://communities.ca.com/thread/241754168 Have you seen all the comments here and the tec document that got published? Please check it out.

from Lowell Wetzel to Everyone:

I have a question about Resource IDs in Clarity

@Eric you can also raise an idea for any specific stock objects/ attributes you would like to be included. This would be a good way to get Product Management in line with your needs.

from Sarmistha (CA) Purkayastha to Everyone:

@Kismet, yes the Advanced Reporting Product Guide for Release 14.4 will be available in the near future.

The Advanced Reporting Overview Guide is no longer available as a separate guide. The content is included in the Advanced Reporting Product Guide.

For the USER XOG, there is : externalId, userName, userUid, and resourceId

Can you tell me which of these corresponds to fields in Clarity database?

07/14/2016    10:19:09 AM    from Eric Gingras to Everyone:

In last chat session Denise mention she would reach out and send me info on roadmap...I was just following up. I'll forget about it

@Eric, do you have a last name? I'll follow up and try again for you.

The problem I have is we're no longer using the same ID for the 2 fields in the "Resource" XOG (externalId vs resourceId)

from Ramana to Everyone:

@Nika,  the tech doc# provided by Nick is not right one. the doc says "Why shouldn't I run more than two process engines for a Clarity environment when I have lots of processes running at the same time?" ==> is this correct?

from Maria Whiteside to Everyone:

@Lowell, The externalID can be found on the SRM_RESOURCES, UNIQUE_NAME column. The userID can be found on the CMN_SEC_USERS table, USER_NAME column.

@Eric Perhaps it was Kathryn Ellis... we'll try to follow up and get you what we can.

@Ramana, yes, this is the tec doc that is dealing with the the topic of process engines quantity and related impacts of having many active auto-start processes for a record being updated. The article talks about the impact of events and the quantity of process engines you have, and how as you increase either one, the numbers go up and multiply.

@Ramana, this is what has to be considered before turning on the event enabled thing and it also matters how many active process definitions are 'listening out' for those events.

@Maria I think the userUid is in a different column

from Ramana to Everyone:

@Nika, thank you for that clarification

@Ramana : no worries

externalId SRM_RESOURCES, UNIQUE_NAME, userName, userUid, and resourceId

@Michael, we unfortunately do not have any documentation concerning addins simultaneous use. Most of the customers will have more than 1 addin and will use them in a separate ways. Is there anything in particular you would like to do?

from Michael Hartner to Everyone:

Search for the simplest way to integrate. For example, the phase in Prince2 this is not displayed in the normal view. Do I need to reconfigure all of the views or is there another way?

from John W. George (CA Technologies) to Everyone:

@Michael - if you would like help and assistance with your specific configurations in your specific environment, we suggest you reach out to CA Services.

@maria I'm looking for the database location for all 4 of the XOG fields: externalId is in SRM_RESOURCES: UNIQUE_NAME, Where is userName, userUid, and resourceId?

Any other questions?

from Venita to Everyone:

I'm new to Jaspersoft.  Is there a single link that will take me to the basics and get me to the point where I can be productive?

@Lowell, I'm sorry, the UserUid field comes from CMN_SEC_USERS table, USER_UID column.

@Venita - please use this link to the "Getting Started with Advanced Reporting with Jaspersoft" topic in the documentation. This should get you going.  https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-4/getting-started-with-advanced-reporting-with-jaspersoft

from Venita to Everyone:

@John W. George - thanks.

@Venita - you're welcome

OK Everyone - We're finishing up for today. Thank you for participating and please join us back here in August!

@Lowell, Here are the remaining ones: externalId >>SRM_RESOURCES table, EXTERNAL_ID column.

username >>CMN_SEC_USERS table, USER_NAME column

userUid >> CMN_SEC_USERS table, USER_UID column.

resourceId >> SRM_RESOURCES table, UNIQUE_NAME column.

@maria  Thanks!!  I've been trying to get those matched

@Lowell, You can also try xogging out a user and user to see what those values look like for you on the xog output.

Thanks again everyone!

@maria I have done that, but with using different IDs for the separate fields, it is easy to crossover and eventually have a problem