Clarity

• 1.  Secure sub page is not viewable via access rights

Posted Jul 19, 2016 06:56 AM

Users are unable to view a custom, secure sub page under project->properties page. The sub page is active and the users are assigned to a group (which has view-all and edit all access rights to that page) via OBS units rights.  Yet none of the users are able to view the sub page. Any thoughts on what could be missing? what might be a root cause?

We are currently on Clarity 14.2 Fix pack 9.

NOTE : As a workaround, We have removed the secure option and have displayed the subpage via display conditions to the users. We would like to know how the secure sub page is not visible via "view" and "edit sub page" access rights.

• 2.  Re: Secure sub page is not viewable via access rights

Posted Jul 19, 2016 07:49 AM

It should ideally work. I would use the following debugging options:

1. Did the user log off and log in again to check the secured sub-page display?

2. Did you remove the caches for each of the app service?

3. What happens if you provide the access directly to the user rather than to the group?

-Sankhadeep

• 3.  Re: Secure sub page is not viewable via access rights

Posted Jul 19, 2016 10:56 AM

Thanks for your answer Sankhadeep.

This issue is persisting for almost a month now and the servers were restarted every sunday, so I believe that eliminates the first two possibilities. Moving on the 3rd suggestion,

I tried giving the page access rights via "Global access rights" and I was able to view the sub page. But I tried giving the access right via OBS units and I was not able to view the sub page, even though I am under the corresponding OBS. One thing to be noted is that the group (to which view-all and edit-all access rights are assigned) has access rights via OBS units and not global. The OBS of the groups/resources/sub page are in alignment though.