CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

End User's Supervisor Approval

• 1.  End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Jul 19, 2016 11:45 AM

Hello Community,

I have an environment with Service Desk and PAM to have an approval process in certain cases. The scenario is the following:

When an user opens a ticket, the group manager of the assigne of that ticket.. receives an email with two buttons (one for approve and one to reject) when he pressed one, PAM starts a process that set the ticket status to approve or reject.

But now i have another need (I'll like to know if it can be set it using only SDM) i want that when an Affected End User opens a ticket in an X category the supervisor (that its define for the user in SDM) of that user receives an approval notification.

How can we accomplish this?

Regards.

• 2.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Jul 19, 2016 11:58 AM

You didn't say which version of SDM (I'll assume r14.1 SP2) or what kind of ticket (I'll assume Request).

You could add a classic workflow task to the specific Request Area. On the "Pending" behavior of the Approval Task you could have and action macro to assign the task to the manager and a multi-notification macro send a notification.

• 3.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Jul 19, 2016 12:20 PM

Hello Lindsay,

Im in SP2, and is request.

How can i make reference to the manager of the end user, because i dont see an object contact for that.

Regards.

• 4.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2016 12:49 PM

From the context of the Request it is customer.supervisor_contact_uuid

• 5.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Nov 08, 2016 02:51 PM

hi Lindsay; 

i really want to thank you fo sharing such important tip.

i have the same above request and i used the attached screenshot as first task as i have a customer who is requesting additional three tasks within the same workflow, the additiona tasks are as follows:

1- support group manager approval.

2- assign to support group

3- verification from the end user that the request is completed successfuly

iam using CA SDM R14.1.3

Appreciate your fast feedback

Regards;

Mohamed

• 6.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Nov 08, 2016 03:06 PM

Hi Mohamed,

Are you asking if this can be done? If so, do it in the same way you did the other task.

Are you asking me if I can develop this workflow for you. If so, please email me - Lindsay@iteduconsultants.com

• 7.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Nov 08, 2016 03:15 PM

Thanks Lindsay for your feedback.

what iam asking here is the object attribute names screenshots as your reply above. 

• 8.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Nov 08, 2016 04:02 PM

Thanks Mohamed, now I understand your requirement.

1. cr.group.supervisor_contact_uuid
    2. cr.group
    3. cr.customer

• 9.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Nov 08, 2016 04:06 PM

many thanks lindsay, i will give it try tomorow and i will let you know

• 10.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Nov 09, 2016 04:26 AM

Hi Lindsay;

it didn't worked as expected, can i know the attributes for the request area and the assigned groups?

• 11.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Nov 09, 2016 12:52 PM

Hi Mohamed,

The details for the attributes for every object can be found in the CA Service Desk Manager Technical Reference Guide(Reference - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation ). You can also see the attributes for any object by opening a command prompt on the server and using the bop_sinfo command. Here is the basic syntax:

bop_sinfo -d [object name]

For example:

to see all the attributes for the Request object - bop_sinfo -d cr

to see all the attributes for the Request Workflow object - bop_sinfo -d cr_wf

• 12.  Re: End User's Supervisor Approval

Posted Jul 22, 2016 03:38 PM

Hi JasonLLM - Did Lindsay_Estabrooks's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!