Clarity

• 1.  How to configure Waterlines tab in portfolio at the admin level

Posted Jul 19, 2016 01:42 PM

Hi all,
    I am trying to establish the default configuration for portfolios, specifically the waterlines tab, and I'm having trouble finding where to do it. I'd like all the portfolios to have a default set of columns, which then the portfolio owners can obviously change in their personal config.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Clare

• 2.  Re: How to configure Waterlines tab in portfolio at the admin level
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2016 02:26 PM

I figured it out:
    Objects --> Portfolio Investment --> Views --> Portfolio Waterlines.

• 3.  Re: How to configure Waterlines tab in portfolio at the admin level

Posted Jul 20, 2016 01:09 AM

Hi Clare. It appears you're helping your organization create a 'baseline' waterline view. As you continue on this journey, I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences. A couple things we've discovered/come up against...

- We have Portfolio Types with different uses: Reporting, Scheduling (Resource Constraint), Planning (Cost Constraint) today with possibly some VMOSA in the future. We believe each of these have different needs as a starting point in the Waterline view. I don't have an idea open for it today, but it would be nice to be able to set default configurations by Portfolio Type.

- We intermix Ideas and Projects in Portfolios. I haven't checked yet in 14.3, but in 13.2 one could not add Investment Type to Portfolio Ranking Rules. Bummer.

- A Portfolio Manager will update the Waterline view in order to better tell the story that the ranking rules are delivering. We all dream of the paperless world - this waterline view now becomes their canvas to tell this story. Bad new here is only *they* see this configuration. They can't collaborate with others or tell someone to go look at the Portfolio Waterline. Like all other grid portlets, the configuration is restricted to their view. We'd like to see the Portfolio Manager's configuration be 'global' to that Portfolio instance.

We'd love to hear what you learn - please keep us posted.