Layer7 API Management

• 1.  CA Layer 7 tool is working slow

Posted Jul 20, 2016 12:16 AM

Hi All,

I am new to CA Layer 7 Tool, (API management (APM)) version Layer 7 Policy Manager 9.0.00.

I found its operational behavior is very slow, like connect/disconnect gateway (20-30 Sec).

Also if try to open any task like manage security zone or User or any other it takes nearly 15 Seconds.

Please help if we can make it run faster.

my main gateway is installed at Europe and am trying to access it from Asia region. it may be network issue but my copy paste operation consider 500MB get completed in 10-20 Min via same network. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Manish S.

• 2.  Re: CA Layer 7 tool is working slow
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 20, 2016 01:09 AM

There were performance improvements made in 9.1 with policy manager. I would suggestion upgrading and seeing if that helps you at all. You can also give the browser-based policy manager a try as well and see if that works better for you.

• 3.  Re: CA Layer 7 tool is working slow

Posted Jul 20, 2016 11:38 PM

Thanks for the comment, will check it out and get back.

with policy manager upgrade do i need to upgrade Gateway as well?

Thanks,

Manish S.

• 4.  Re: CA Layer 7 tool is working slow

Posted Jul 21, 2016 12:26 AM

Policy Manager and Gateway are version dependent so you can only use PM 9.1 with Gateway 9.1.

• 5.  Re: CA Layer 7 tool is working slow

Posted Aug 02, 2016 04:15 AM

Hi Baloan and All,

As per suggestion i am trying to get some predefined documents by means of which i can able to do suggested changes but unable to get any. Request all here to help me with upgrade of version from PM 9.0 and Gateway 9.0 to PM 9.1 and Gateway 9.1.

Regards,

Apeone.

• 6.  Re: CA Layer 7 tool is working slow

Posted Aug 03, 2016 03:39 PM

Hi Manish,

This is your problem:

"my main gateway is installed at Europe and am trying to access it from Asia region."

You may see some improvements if you upgrade to v9.1 for your GW and Policy Manager but I would not be overly optimistic. It is best to be on the latest version, so you should start there and see what happens.

To upgrade to v9.1 you must install the relevant patches to your v9.0 GW and restart. Instructions here:

Upgrade, Migrate, Patch, Back Up, Restore - CA API Gateway - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

You must also download the v9.1 version of the Policy Manager, which you can do from the CA Support site with your CA account.

Note that you can download all the relevant v9.1 patches and the v9.1 Policy Manager info from the same location on the CA Support site.

-case-

• 7.  Re: CA Layer 7 tool is working slow

Posted Aug 03, 2016 11:59 PM

Hello Case,

Thanks for the brief and the link.

Regards,

Manish.