Clarity

• 1.  Jasper PDF Export  - PDF Fonts (SaaS)

Posted Jul 20, 2016 10:41 AM

We are exporting Jasper reports in PDF from the application and the fonts are not applied.

One example is creating the report with calbiri.  It defaults to other and removes all bold, italic etc..

I followed the instructions on the jasper community Created - Exported - Uploaded - Referenced in my project, but still no change.  Has anyone had any luck with using fonts other than the default for PDF exporting?

(Serif, DejaVu, Halvencia)

Right now all my users need to export in pptx for full formatting....

Thanks,

Austin

Jasper article links for reference (Little dated, but steps were mostly correct):

Custom Font with the Font Extension | Jaspersoft Community

How to embed fonts into JasperReport (iReport) generated PDF file. | Jaspersoft Community 

• 2.  Re: Jasper PDF Export  - PDF Fonts (SaaS)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2016 01:03 PM
      |   view attached

At this time only these fonts are supported  DejaVu Sans, DejaVu Serif, and DejaVu Sans Mono

Details on adding new fonts to JasperReports can be found in the Font Extensions section of the JasperReports Library Ultimate Guide. I will attach that document  for your convenience.

Hope this helps

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: Jasper PDF Export  - PDF Fonts (SaaS)

Posted Jul 20, 2016 02:10 PM

Hi Austin,

I have experienced the same exact issue while i'm my re-writing/re-developing all of my 12-crystal reports in Jasper Soft. Though i have formatted as Calibri font along with BOLD, when i export the report to PDF, i was unable to see them. It appears to me that this is a bug. It's not ONLY me, my entire Development team members (4no's) experience the same issue.

However i managed to figure out the work around for this issue

if you use caliber font - you'll never be able to see bold text in exported pdf.

in order to see the text in BOLD in your pdf copy Please use font named as SansSerif, this will allow you to get BOLD text in your exported pdf.

FYI - we are on Clarity 14.3 & Jasper Soft version is 6.1.0.final

Let me know if you need any further assistance about this issue.Best Regards

Jagadeesh

• 4.  Re: Jasper PDF Export  - PDF Fonts (SaaS)

Posted Jul 25, 2016 04:33 PM

Hi AustinCA - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 5.  Re: Jasper PDF Export  - PDF Fonts (SaaS)

Posted Jul 26, 2016 07:58 AM

Thanks for the follow-up.  The answers provided were very helpful in confirming the situation but ultimately did not answer my question.  I see there are a few pdf available fonts mentioned by SumanPramanik .  Per the ultimate user guide there should also be Times and Courier(Pg127).  Also per the user guide loading fonts / jars/ and references should work, but have not yet.  I was hoping someone from the Saas world knows why not or found a workaround. Or even perhaps CA would chime in with news of additional fonts in 14.5.

In the short term, only the working fonts will be used.

Thanks.

• 6.  Re: Jasper PDF Export  - PDF Fonts (SaaS)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 08:13 AM

Hi Austin,

Yes the fonts which I mentioned only can be used, I will discuss this with our product management on addition of other fonts.

Regards

Suman Pramanik