Release Automation

• 1.  Admin Previleges and Nolio service account

Posted Jul 20, 2016 05:18 PM

Hi.  We concerned about the security of our servers.  I want to know if it's mandatory that Nolio service agant must have administrative previleges in a server.  We want to create, modify a website and give a non-administrative user account.  What's the least previleges we can give to an account and bind it with Nolio agent service ?  If we give an administrative account, we just want to insure us that this account not interfere with other adminstrative components and tasks of our server.  Thanks for your response

• 2.  Re: Admin Previleges and Nolio service account
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 21, 2016 01:45 AM

Hi

Its not mandatory that RA agent service account will have administrator role of the machine, it can run with other permissions as long it will have proper permissions executing the required actions (e.g if its need to copy files to a directory - it must have write permission to that directory)

Note that for the agent installation you need admin rights as you will need to have permissions to install the service etc...

On Linux box you can follow this guide lines if you want to install the agent as non root user

Deploy Agents - CA Release Automation - 6.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

The user that running the RA service need to have full access to the agent installation directory

In addition if you want to run processes with other users permissions you should check the following guidelines

Windows:Deploy Agents - CA Release Automation - 6.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Linux:Deploy Agents - CA Release Automation - 6.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Hope this help

Jacky

• 3.  Re: Admin Previleges and Nolio service account

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2016 04:03 AM

Hi

I believe your questions has been answered ,I will mark this answer as the  correct answer, if your question is not answered please let us know.

With Kind Regards

Dirk