CA Service Management

• 1.  CA BSI and CABI integration.

Posted Jul 21, 2016 08:43 AM

HI Team,

We are using CA BSI version : 8.3.5. We are looking to integrate CABI(reporting server) with BSI to generate report in real time. Can somebody help me with this?

We have a CABI installed in our environment of version 4.1 SP3.

Thanks,

Ahmed.

• 2.  Re: CA BSI and CABI integration.

Posted Jul 22, 2016 05:12 PM

Hi Ahmed,

What do you want to get from CA BSI?

I done some integrations with others reporting tools and if you are a CA BSI administrator then you only need to get data from t_slalom_outputs table if you are writting into it.

It depends from what information you are looking for. But your CA BSI administrator can give you the exact query to get the info.

Thanks,

Nelson Pita

• 3.  Re: CA BSI and CABI integration.

Posted Jul 25, 2016 02:17 AM

Hi Nelson Pita,

I am working on CA BSI, the requirement is, we need to generate reports of CA spectrum and CA Ehealth on real time basis i.e, without manually extracting data from tables to generate reports. Reports of CPU utilization, Memory utilization, availability etc.

Can we use CABI for reporting data to CA BSI on realtime? If yes, please help me with the required steps.

Thanks.

Ahmed

• 4.  Re: CA BSI and CABI integration.

Posted Jul 25, 2016 05:26 AM

Hi Ahmed,

You are working with CA BSI but do you have CA Spectrum or CA Ehealt data in CA BSI ?

If you don't have data how do you want to do reports?

I never use CABI for reporting in CA BSI. Do not forget that CA is discontinuing CABI and they are replacing with Jaspersoft.

If you only want to do reports with CA Spectum and CA Ehealth you can do it only with CA BSI but you need to extract data from them.

Regards,

Nelson Pita

• 5.  Re: CA BSI and CABI integration.

Posted Jul 25, 2016 05:48 AM

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for the information. The requirement is to generate reports of CA Ehealth and CA spectrum using CA BSI. We have achieved that by manually extracting data from the databases of Ehealth and Spectrum earlier. But, the requirement is to generate reports by integrating them and generate reports on a real time with out manually extracting data from the databases(Manually).

Is there any way that we can achieve this? Please let me know.

Thanks.

• 6.  Re: CA BSI and CABI integration.

Posted Jul 25, 2016 06:03 AM

Hi Ahmed,

OK. You don't need to extract data manually but you need an ODBC connection (for CA EHealth and CA Spectrum) to query the data.

Do you have that connections? Do you have que query statement?

If yes then I can help.

Contact me with my email: nelson.pita@rumos.pt

Regards,

Nelson Pita

• 7.  Re: CA BSI and CABI integration.

Posted Jul 26, 2016 01:49 AM

Hi Nelson,

We  have ODBC Connection and Query statement information please can you help regarding These.

I have Mailed you also.

Regards

Ahmed

• 8.  Re: CA BSI and CABI integration.

Posted Aug 23, 2016 07:28 AM

Hi Ahmed,

Have you able to pull data from Spectrum in BSI through ODBC successfully. What Query statement information have used?

• 9.  Re: CA BSI and CABI integration.

Posted Aug 24, 2016 07:09 AM

Hi MANPAT,

Thanks for the reply

I am new to these product i don't know weather im getting data or not, Please Can you share the DOC or Step to do integration

• 10.  Re: CA BSI and CABI integration.

Posted Sep 06, 2016 05:57 AM

Anybody worked on this...pls reply....