DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Could someone explain me that message: "Port unregister from active probe vmware" ?

Posted Jul 21, 2016 02:37 PM

It was generated that message but i don't know why, everything appears okay.

• 2.  Re: Could someone explain me that message: "Port unregister from active probe vmware" ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 21, 2016 02:45 PM

This indicates that the vmware probe has lost the port that it listens on (48***).  Usually when you see this message it means a probe has become unresponsive and/or crashed.  If everything looks like it's working, and the probe is responsive, I wouldn't be too concerned as long as the error doesn't keep coming back.

If it does keep coming back, check to see if the probe has been crashing; make sure you're on the latest versions of the probe and robot/controller; and check to make sure any Antivirus software is set to exclude the Nimsoft folder.

• 3.  Re: Could someone explain me that message: "Port unregister from active probe vmware" ?

Posted Jul 21, 2016 03:11 PM

OK, but this probe is the controller and it's from the Hub, Does it have some problem with this?

It was generated this alert:

HUB

major

1. SERVER       Controller

Robot: server

Probe: controller

Port unregister from active probe vmware

Time: 07/21/16 14:30:07, Arrival Time: 07/21/16 14:30:01, Assigned To: , Count: 1

• 4.  Re: Could someone explain me that message: "Port unregister from active probe vmware" ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2017 10:55 AM

As mentioned above, if this is a recurring error I would be concerned more so than if it is intermittent or only occurred once or twice.

The message comes from the controller probe because that is the probe responsible for managing the start/stop/status of probes;  but as mentioned in my previous reply, this issue could potentially indicate a problem with the vmware probe crashing.  Make sure you're on the latest controller, and latest vmware probe.