Plex 2E

Expand all | Collapse all

Hello,  Has anyone used Impersonation for their WinNTC server function? We are able to correctly access the other server with the impersonated user logon, however, when we Revert back to Self.. the User is changed to the Local/System user for our Audit fi

• 1.  Hello,  Has anyone used Impersonation for their WinNTC server function? We are able to correctly access the other server with the impersonated user logon, however, when we Revert back to Self.. the User is changed to the Local/System user for our Audit fi

Posted Jul 21, 2016 05:24 PM

Hello, 

Has anyone used Impersonation for their WinNTC server function? We are able to correctly access the other server with the impersonated user logon, however, when we Revert back to Self.. the User for the Thread is changed to the Local/System user for our Audit fields. We realize the Plex Dispatch Manager is already using Impersonation because we are using multi-thread option in Dispatch Manager, which we want to continue to use.

Is there a way to Revert back or Impersonate the original Client user that the Dispatch Manager used before? Of Course, we don't want to have to find the User Password.. the Dispatch Manager must have some logic to do this.. does anyone know if it is possible?

Here's the scenario in case I lost someone:

Client user = DHunt, Dispatch Manager Service started with Local/System Account, C++ code used to impersonate another user say, STSUser, who has access to the server that contains our batch word merge documents. When we Revert back to self, then the User in our Audit fields for our records is now "System"... we would like them to be "DHunt" again..

We tried running the Dispatch Manager without Multi-threading and the spawned off process for each user works as desired, but my thoughts are that the new process does not use Impersonation so the thread continues to have the User "DHunt", but this is not acceptable because we need the performance improvement that Multi-Threading gives us.

Thanks,

Diane

• 2.  Re: Hello,  Has anyone used Impersonation for their WinNTC server function? We are able to correctly access the other server with the impersonated user logon, however, when we Revert back to Self.. the User is changed to the Local/System user for our Audi

Posted Jul 29, 2016 11:13 AM

Hi Diane

I see you are using WinNTC - so may not be helpful but have you looked at the  GetConnectingUserID API ? - I have used that to get the different user from the connectionvs the Server process to get audit information   - but in a >NET scenario