I submitted a question yesterday that I was able to answer myself, about how to create a default Portfolio Waterlines layout using Administration.
I have created this view, but am unable to get it to show up, and I think it is related to partitioning.
We have 1 partition model, with 2 partitions underneath it (A and B). Portfolio and Portfolio Investment objects are both associated with the partition model.
Here are the steps I took:
1. Went to Administration->Objects->Portfolio Investment->Views.
2. Updated the Partition field to Partition A.
3. Went to Portfolio Waterlines (list column) Layout and made changes.
4. Clicked Publish.
I went to a portfolio that is in this partition, and went to the waterlines tab expecting the changes to have taken, but they did not.
For verification, I also did the following:
- Under General->Settings, confirmed that the portfolio is in the Shared Services Partition.
- Under Waterlines->Configure->General tab-clicked Restore Defaults.
However, on this tab, I also see Partition: System. This is read only.
So, even though the portfolio and portfolio investment objects are associated with the partition model, portfolio waterlines appear not to be associated.
Portfolio Waterlines is not a discrete object in PPM, so I don't know how or if it's possible to make that association. Does anyone have any insight?