CA Service Management

• 1.  Import Contacts From More Than One LDAP Domain

Posted Jul 22, 2016 11:34 AM

Guys!!!

Theres a way to import contacts from more than one LDAP domain?

I saw the error on the link bellow but i don´t think that this is the problem that i have!

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241730555

Can anyone help me?!

• 2.  Re: Import Contacts From More Than One LDAP Domain

Posted Jul 22, 2016 11:38 AM

I try to use "pdm_ldap_import -l "new_ldap_base" -n "userid='%'" but for some reason no one contacts are created form the new LDAP bases.

• 3.  Re: Import Contacts From More Than One LDAP Domain
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 22, 2016 01:59 PM

Hi Diego,

Please see the following documentation for adding multiple domains to the LDAP options in Service Desk:

How to integrate CA SDM with LDAP - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: Import Contacts From More Than One LDAP Domain

Posted Jul 27, 2016 04:51 PM

Hi Jon!!

Many thanx for the help!

I dont know if im doing something wrong but, im following the steps of the doc and the new LDAP domain seems have to be created without errors but, when i try to import this contacts or try to create a new contact from LDAP, no new contacts are presented on SDM.

On my stdlog there´s information about the new LDAP domain created, but nothing is presented when i try to create a new contact from LDAP.

Maybe am im doing something wrong?! =(

• 5.  Re: Import Contacts From More Than One LDAP Domain

Posted Jul 27, 2016 06:32 PM

When i use pdm_ldap_test -s "dc=xpto,dc=xpto" all the values from the LDAP domain are listed!

Im sure im doing something wrong!! =´(

• 6.  Re: Import Contacts From More Than One LDAP Domain

Posted Jul 28, 2016 07:53 AM

Hi Diego,  Its hard for me to say what may be causing the problem at this point, there are a number of things that could cause this not to work.  I think the best thing to do would be to open a case with CA Support so one of our engineers can take a look at it with you and troubleshoot the problem. 

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: Import Contacts From More Than One LDAP Domain

Posted Jul 25, 2016 03:17 PM

Hi diegolimabsb - Did Jon_Israel's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 8.  Re: Import Contacts From More Than One LDAP Domain

Posted Jul 25, 2016 03:32 PM

Sorry guys!!

I still could not actually test the setup because I'm very busy trying to solve an error whith maileater!! =(

But I am sure that it will work!!!

• 9.  Re: Import Contacts From More Than One LDAP Domain

Posted Oct 19, 2016 01:29 PM

diegolimabsb

Did you get this working? If so, what was the solution?

Thanks,

J.W.