DX NetOps

• 1.  How can I read Data from XML or CSV file in CA Perf Center?

Posted Jul 24, 2016 02:51 AM

I want to read Performance Data from XML,CSV, TXT files, and then want to store it in CA PC.  I have heard that CA Mediation Manager (CA MM) is one which can address my requirement. But I am not sure that how it'll work.

I went through its Architecture and Admin Guide but didn't find anything giving full picture and in detail aspects that what would be the flow. Can I do Ftp from some location? or it EMS Profile is the only interface for integration?

What level of customization I can achieve if I opt for it?

If you have any related document or any suggestion from you experience. Feel free to share.

• 2.  Re: How can I read Data from XML or CSV file in CA Perf Center?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2016 02:38 PM

Hello Sajid,

The short answer here is yes, CAMM is the correct tool to import non-SNMP data into CAPM for reporting purposes.

We set up a Device Pack that defines what CAMM gathers, which includes custom Certifications to use for reporting purposes. On a regular cycle the targeted data is retrieved, imported and made available for reporting.

Are you able to access this URL? It leads to the CAMM documentation and may help answer your questions.

CA Mediation Manager Home - CA Mediation Manager - 2.7, 2.8 - CA Technologies Documentation

According to the Architecture section of the docs:

Architecture and Components - CA Mediation Manager - 2.7, 2.8 - CA Technologies Documentation

It states:

• Gathers information from devices using XML, CSV, Telnet, SSH, and so on. The engine then processes the data to a CA Mediation Manager-standard XML document.

More specific are going to be best obtained through your account management team.

Let me know if that helps answer your questions.

Thanks,
    Michael

• 3.  Re: How can I read Data from XML or CSV file in CA Perf Center?

Posted Jul 27, 2016 02:16 AM

Thanks Micheal,

I went through given links and found some sueful information as well. Only concern I have left  is limitations that might come for device packs. Because there are like 3,4 devices / vendor types that are not in the list supported by CA MM.

However, I am trying to get the possible output formats of those devices to see that if they can be dealt with here or not.

Thanks

Sajid

• 4.  Re: How can I read Data from XML or CSV file in CA Perf Center?

Posted Jul 26, 2016 03:01 PM

Sajid_ur_Rehman , hi there - please let us know if Michael's response answered your question.  Thank you!

• 5.  Re: How can I read Data from XML or CSV file in CA Perf Center?

Posted Jul 27, 2016 02:19 AM

@ Hi Melissa, Yes it did answer my question till now. I'll raise a new question after doing some evaluation from my end.  Thanks!