DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How can we automatically clean the "bootAlarms" alarms?

Posted Jul 25, 2016 08:37 AM

Hi,

We are receiveing alarms like:  "BootAlarm: Computer has been rebooted at <time>. "

For us these kind of alarms are very important, because we have to know when and why computers are been rebooted. But the main issue is: Why does these kind of alarms are not cleaned when the computer is alive? It seems there are no clean trap when computer gets alive.

How can I have a clean trap for these kind of alarms?

Regards,

Nelson

• 2.  Re: How can we automatically clean the "bootAlarms" alarms?

Posted Jul 25, 2016 04:52 PM

Assuming these boot alerts are coming from the CDM probe and if so they wont' clear on their own. You would create a nas PPR (pre processing rule) to auto clear them > X # of minutes. Just hopefully your NOC team processes the alert then they can clear the alert after its been ticketed or processed.

• 3.  Re: How can we automatically clean the "bootAlarms" alarms?

Posted Jul 26, 2016 07:32 AM

Hi Daniel, thank you for your help. I understood what you mean.

In my environment I have an integration between Spectrum 10.1 and UIM 8.3.1. I'm using snmpgwt probe to send alarms from UIM to Spectrum.

I believe that if I create a nas PPR (pre processing rule) to auto clear, the UIM will not send a clean trap to Spectrum to clean the alarm "BootAlarm" who was received by Spectrum.

Do you have any idea, in addition to cleaning the alarms in UIM also send traps to the spectrum to clean these alarms?

• 4.  Re: How can we automatically clean the "bootAlarms" alarms?

Posted Jul 26, 2016 06:48 AM

create a profile in NAS probe under Auto-operator->profile to close the alert after some point of time

• 5.  Re: How can we automatically clean the "bootAlarms" alarms?

Posted Jul 26, 2016 07:34 AM

Hi Martin, thank you for your help. I'm asking you now the same question I did to Daniel Blanco:

In my environment I have an integration between Spectrum 10.1 and UIM 8.3.1. I'm using snmpgwt probe to send alarms from UIM to Spectrum.

I believe that if I create a nas PPR (pre processing rule) to auto clear, the UIM will not send a clean trap to Spectrum to clean the alarm "BootAlarm" who was received by Spectrum.

Do you have any idea, in addition to cleaning the alarms in UIM also send traps to the spectrum to clean these alarms?

• 6.  Re: How can we automatically clean the "bootAlarms" alarms?

Posted Jul 26, 2016 08:21 AM

Spectrum you can clear the alarm by setting up a dummy event where the logic is , if event A1 is not followed by A2 (dummy event which will never happen) in "M" minutes raise event A3 which will be clear event for A1.

I don't think you will be able to send the clear incident in the form of trap as it's a rule that clears and not another alarm which could be sent as a trap to Spectrum.

We shall customize this in Spectrum end separately to clear.