DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How to allow an USM group be visualized to more than two accounts with different origins?

• 1.  How to allow an USM group be visualized to more than two accounts with different origins?

Posted Jul 25, 2016 11:30 AM

I'm a MSP and I'm using UIM 8.31.

I have to provide a group to each custumer and I have to provide a visualization for my operation team. My operation team must have access and permissions for all groups.

My issue is I can't associate more than one account for the same group. For example, custmerX and operator1 for a group. This force me to create two different group (with the same filter), one with customer account and other with my operation account. It will duplicate the quantity of groups that I really need.

Any tips for this issue?

Regards,

Nelson

• 2.  Re: How to allow an USM group be visualized to more than two accounts with different origins?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2016 06:16 PM

If your operation team members must have access to all groups, then you can make these users NimBUS users instead of Account Contacts.  NimBUS users have access to all origins and, therefore, all groups.  With the current design, there is no way to assign multiple accounts to USM groups.