Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Data Sync between AD and Strong Auth DB (MS SQL Server)

Posted Jul 27, 2016 05:12 AM

This is regarding a question on CA Strong Authentication where CA Strong Authentication is configured with AD for user authentication and AD is used as User Store. However, is there a way to synchronise user data between Microsoft AD and CA Strong Authentication Database (MS SQL Server) so that any changes performed in Active Directory for user records is also synchronised with the Strong Authentication Database automatically? For example, if an user profile is updated in AD, it should be automatically synced with the Strong Auth DB.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Data Sync between AD and Strong Auth DB (MS SQL Server)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2016 11:11 AM

We do have a custom component that does the sync between AD and CA Strong Auth. Please reach out to CA Support for more information on this.

• 3.  Re: Data Sync between AD and Strong Auth DB (MS SQL Server)

Posted Aug 07, 2016 06:50 AM

Hi Ajit,

If an user record is updated in AD, for example if an user is updated or deleted in AD, does this information flow into the CA Strong Auth DB from AD? I assume that in CA Strong Auth 8.1, there is a data sync between AD and CA Strong Auth when AD is used as user repository for an Organization created using Admin Console. Please correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise, if there is no sync between AD and DB for user record by default, do we need to have the real time data synced into the Strong Auth DB from AD for User Authentication and Mobile OTP Generation using the CA Mobile or Desktop client. Thanks!