CA Service Management

• 1.  Adding a object to the derived universe in BOXI 4.1

Posted Jul 27, 2016 10:21 AM

This is being done in our TEST environment:

I have been asked to report on the cost center field in a BOXI 4.1 report so I created a attribute alias for billing code which is shown below:

The billing code was copied from the contact class (cnt) in the CA Service Desk base universe over to the derived universe into the request details class and then I did a View/Refresh Structure. I answered ok to the Do you want to delete the empty classes? question, there was another question (I can't get a screen print of that question), then I get The selected tables were not found with an OK button.   After clicking OK, the billing code object still shows the object property as being cnt.billing_code instead of changing it to the alias name in the cr table.

How can I get the alias to show up in the derived universe?

Thanks,

Joyce Lilie

• 2.  Re: Adding a object to the derived universe in BOXI 4.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 12:20 AM

Hey Joyce,

Are you using offline reporting of some sort? 

On the SDM node to which your Universe connection is pointing to, I would try this via command line:

pdm_cache_refresh -t attr_alias

You could then do a selective table refresh by finding the table cr  in the right pane of the universe first, highlight the table and then do a refresh from the main menu as you did.   Later you may be required to delete the existing object you have created for Billing Code  and create a new Billing Code  by dragging that from right pane with in the cr table, to the left side.

Hope this helps

_R

• 3.  Re: Adding a object to the derived universe in BOXI 4.1

Posted Jul 29, 2016 09:06 AM

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for replying.

We are not using offline reporting at this time.

I did the pdm_cache_refresh -t attr_alias command on the test primary server, then went into the universe design tool, imported the derived universe and highlighted the cr table, the billing code object was not listed in that table.   I did the refresh structure from the main menu and got the message that there were no updates.  I then did the same steps on the main base universe and got the same results.

Is the alias for the billing code setup correctly from the screen print?

• 4.  Re: Adding a object to the derived universe in BOXI 4.1

Posted Jul 29, 2016 10:02 AM

Hi Raghu,

I was able to get the billing code added to the derived universe, but I don't think it's giving me the data that I'm looking for, so I tried to create another alias for the billing_code_name doing the exact same syntax as I did for the billing_code and I'm getting the following error:

The Alias Value is not valid for this Object.: AHD03066:Unknown name

What am I doing wrong?

• 5.  Re: Adding a object to the derived universe in BOXI 4.1

Posted Aug 01, 2016 12:37 PM

I think you want your Alias Value to be customer.billing_code.name (last underscore should be a period)

• 6.  Re: Adding a object to the derived universe in BOXI 4.1

Posted Aug 01, 2016 12:45 PM

Hi Lindsay,

I tried putting in a period (.) and a space ( ) and get the following:

Thank you,

Joyce Lilie

IT Technical Analyst, Global Service Desk Team

Parker Hannifin Corporation

Corporate Information Technology Infrastructure Department

Direct: 216-896-2117

Cell: 440-655-0501

Service Desk:  1-888-795-4357

jlilie@parker.com

www.parker.com

• 7.  Re: Adding a object to the derived universe in BOXI 4.1

Posted Aug 01, 2016 01:25 PM

Hi Joyce,

Your post did not show what you got but you should not use the space.

Here is what it looks like on an r14.1 release:

• 8.  Re: Adding a object to the derived universe in BOXI 4.1
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 01, 2016 02:49 PM

Hi Lindsay,

Sorry the screen print didn't show up from my email reply.  It was basically the same error as shown in my original post.

However, I did use your suggestion and that worked.   I had to use the command prompt to refresh the structure, not sure why the refresh structure menu option didn't work in the design tool.

I think I'm good, thanks for your help.

Joyce

• 9.  Re: Adding a object to the derived universe in BOXI 4.1

Posted Aug 01, 2016 12:05 PM

Hi Raghu.Rudraraju - Any further ideas for lilmoss  on this one? Thanks! Chris